Herb Planter Tin Can Crafts
Transform soup cans into DIY planters with this upcycling garden craft.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Old soup cans become beautiful planters when you follow the step-by-step instructions for how to make these DIY planters. Soup can crafts are a great way to recycle waste while still making a useful final project. Lovely and perfect for your windowsill, these planters help keep herbs alive, allowing you to add fresh taste to all your summer snacks. The Herb Planter Tin Can Crafts are adorned with charming, buggy decals but you could easily decorate them to your liking with other mod podge craft ideas and accents.
In the Designer's Words: "These gorgeous tin can herb planters are really easy to make and look fantastic in your garden with these vintage insect images. The herb planters are really convenient too as they can be taken into the kitchen one by one as needed. They also cost very little to make as you are upcycling old tin cans. The herb planters look great in my garden and are really handy as they are very easily transported into the kitchen, for cooking or cocktails. If you go to my blog you will see how I upcycled an old window to display these herb planters in the garden."
Find even more recycled crafts made out of tin and soup cans in our collection of 39+ Tin Can Crafts
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Six tin cans
- Cream spray paint
- Cavallini Insect wrapping paper (easily available online)
- Waterproof mod podge or waterproof PVA glue.
Spray paint the outside of your cans cream and drill four holes in the bottom for drainage.
Carefully cut out individual insect images from your wrapping paper.
Using the glue decoupage one insect image to the front of each can.
Apply at least two coats of your waterproof Mod podge or glue to the outside of the can to provide a protective layer.
Before adding soil and herbs place a layer of gravel in the cans for extra drainage.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Converted Lantern Planters
- Decorative Seed Starter Gifts with Laminated Plant Markers
- DIY Glowing Mason Jars
- How to Paint Rocks This Summer
- How to Make a Fairy Garden
- Plastic Bottle Planter
- Fairy Lantern That Glows
- Diy Herb Pot
- 3-Tier DIY Indoor Fairy Garden
- Gorgeous Simple 10 Minute Moroccan Tile Planters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Slithering Shawl
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Shamrock Pillow
- K'nex DIY Easter Cross
- Stenciled Treat and Dog Leash Holder
- Jolly Beanie
- Beautiful Black And White Granny Square Blanket
- Ice Cream Palm Sundaes
- DIY Dog Washing Station
- Easy Chemo Cap
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home