48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Beginners can learn how to crochet with this collection of free crochet patterns. With these free crochet instructions, answers to common crochet questions and helpful tips, you'll discover that it's actual so easy to find beginner crochet patterns. In fact, there are plenty of projects for everything from easy crochet baby patterns to easy crochet afghan patterns.
There are also patterns for the kitchen and easy crochet scarf patterns. Easy crochet patterns don't have to be boring or plain - use fun yarn and cool stitches to spice up your designs.
Start with smaller items such as hats, scarves and easy crochet dishcloth patterns. Easy crochet patterns are great because you can always work backwards or start again. Try your hand at easy crochet afghan patterns or easy crochet baby blanket patterns - they are a great way to test your skill.
48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
Table of Contents
For more free crochet patterns, check out these popular eBooks!
If you've just learned how to crochet, consider making one of these little items. Though these projects may be small in size, their impact is huge. From flip flops to stash baskets, these easy crochet patterns are truly remarkable. All of these beginner crochet patterns make great gifts for a birthday, shower or holiday, so work up a few and save them for later. Once you start working on these free easy crochet patterns, you may not be able to stop.
- NEW! Easy Soap Saver Crochet Pattern - have you seen this?
- NEW! Whimsical Granny Square Flower Crochet Pattern
- NEW! Iris Crochet Earrings Pattern
- NEW! Work Satchel Crochet Bag Pattern
- NEW! Sassy Crochet Bow Pattern
- Quick and Easy Crochet Slippers
- Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip-Flops
- Crochet Stash Baskets
- Crochet Mesh Roll Hat
- Beginner Mittens for All
- Cabled Coffee Cozy - great gift idea!
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Beachy Boot Cuff
- Crochet Hair Bows
- Crochet Ring Pattern
- Easy Bucket Hat Crochet Pattern
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 2 Strand Fold Basket
- Crocheted Stash Buster Basket
- Beginner Tote Bag
- Creative Crochet Lip Balm Holder
- Love Me Tender Flowers
- Blue Beret Crochet Beanie Pattern - would you make one?
- Pink Pompom Crochet Beanie Hat
- Great Gatsby Crochet Cloche Hat Pattern
- Mary Jane Baby Bootie Crochet Pattern
- Trendy Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Infinity Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bandeau Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bright Yellow Jar Topper Easy Crochet Pattern - great hostess present idea
If you're not interested in free crochet patterns, there's no need to give up on yarn. In fact, you'll find plenty of free knitting patterns in our free eBook, 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns. In this handy collection, you'll find patterns for hats, shawls and so much more. Knitting is a great way to stay sharp and relieve stress, so if you haven't taken it up as a hobby, now is the time. And who knows - you may become interested in crochet as you learn more about knitting.
Once you've mastered the smaller free crochet patterns, you can start working on these larger, more complicated patterns. Now that you know how to crochet, dive in and get to work. You can choose to work on an afghan, shawl or even a rug - the choice is yours. When you have these easy crochet patterns at your disposal, you simply can't go wrong. Discover why everyone loves these free easy crochet patterns and try one yourself.
- Blue and White Crochet Afghan
- Striped Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Pattern - so comfy, so cozy!
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Picturesque Windows Afghan
- Blue and White Checkerboard Rug
- Autumn Shawl
- Black Mesh Shawl
- Beachy Wrap - perfect for summer
- Fun and Fancy Double Crochet Afghan
- Lavender Lace Throw
- Neon Jersey Rug
- Early Bird Afghan
- Fairy Tale Afghan - what dreams are made of
- Lacy Open Shell Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Hooded Poncho Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Butterfly Wings Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Springtime Lace Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
If you love to work on free crochet patterns but want to try something new, consider taking up knitting. Luckily, it's never been easier to get started! Learn to knit a scarf pattern, make funky baby clothes, and knit shabby chic decorating items with all kinds of easy knitting patterns in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns. You don't have to say goodbye to your beloved free crochet patterns, but you can expand your horizons and try something new.
If you're stuck or need a little extra help? We're here to help. Click below for answers to your burning questions. Free easy crochet patterns aren't always foolproof, so don't be afraid to reach out and look for help.
- Where does the word “crochet” come from?
- What does YO, ch, sc and dc mean?
- What is crochet in the round?
- What is a crochet granny square?
- What are the different kinds of yarn to use in crochet?
- What are the different weights of yarn indicated on crochet patterns?
- What are the best eco-friendly yarns for crochet?
- How do you hold the crochet hook and yarn?
Leave a Comment & Tell Us:
What's your favorite thing to crochet?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Snowman Hat Crochet Pattern
- Unbelievably Easy Crochet Baby Hat
- Santa Hat for Baby
- Easy Floppy Hat
- Vintage Broomstick Lace Hat
- 27 Cute Free Crochet Patterns for Babies
- Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Easy Sweater Yarn Crochet Beanie Pattern
- A Chemo Cap to Crochet
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Organizers Set
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Vintage Lamb Crochet Toddler Hat Pattern
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Cute Crochet Macarons