50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Beginners can learn how to crochet with this collection of free crochet patterns. With these free crochet instructions, answers to common crochet questions and helpful tips, you'll discover that it's actual so easy to find beginner crochet patterns. In fact, there are plenty of projects for everything from easy crochet baby patterns to easy crochet afghan patterns.
There are also patterns for the kitchen and easy crochet scarf patterns. Easy crochet patterns don't have to be boring or plain - use fun yarn and cool stitches to spice up your designs.
Start with smaller items such as hats, scarves and easy crochet dishcloth patterns. Easy crochet patterns are great because you can always work backwards or start again. Try your hand at easy crochet afghan patterns or easy crochet baby blanket patterns - they are a great way to test your skill.
50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
Table of Contents
For more free crochet patterns, check out these popular eBooks!
If you've just learned how to crochet, consider making one of these little items. Though these projects may be small in size, their impact is huge. From flip flops to stash baskets, these easy crochet patterns are truly remarkable. All of these beginner crochet patterns make great gifts for a birthday, shower or holiday, so work up a few and save them for later. Once you start working on these free easy crochet patterns, you may not be able to stop.
- Easy Soap Saver Crochet Pattern - have you seen this?
- Whimsical Granny Square Flower Crochet Pattern
- Iris Crochet Earrings Pattern
- Work Satchel Crochet Bag Pattern
- Sassy Crochet Bow Pattern
- Quick and Easy Crochet Slippers
- Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip-Flops
- Crochet Stash Baskets
- Crochet Mesh Roll Hat
- Beginner Mittens for All
- Cabled Coffee Cozy - great gift idea!
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Beachy Boot Cuff
- Crochet Hair Bows
- Crochet Ring Pattern
- Easy Bucket Hat Crochet Pattern
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 2 Strand Fold Basket
- Crocheted Stash Buster Basket
- Beginner Tote Bag
- Creative Crochet Lip Balm Holder
- Love Me Tender Flowers
- Blue Beret Crochet Beanie Pattern - would you make one?
- Pink Pompom Crochet Beanie Hat
- Great Gatsby Crochet Cloche Hat Pattern
- Mary Jane Baby Bootie Crochet Pattern
- Trendy Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Infinity Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bandeau Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bright Yellow Jar Topper Easy Crochet Pattern - great hostess present idea
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Seventh Inning Stretch Crochet Flag
- Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat
- Not Quite Slouchy Crochet Hat Pattern
- Modern Vintage Crochet Coasters - new!
- Sweater-like DIY Cosmetics Bag - new!
If you are looking for even more ways to master the art of crochet, check out our collection of easy crochet patterns that are perfect for beginners. These crochet patterns are fabulous for brand new beginners because they each come with their own how to crochet lesson. Whether you are learning different types of crochet stitches or how to crochet a specific type of project, the patterns in 13 Ways to Learn to Crochet are sure to teach you a skill you will use for months to come.
Once you've mastered the smaller free crochet patterns, you can start working on these larger, more complicated patterns. Now that you know how to crochet, dive in and get to work. You can choose to work on an afghan, shawl or even a rug - the choice is yours. When you have these easy crochet patterns at your disposal, you simply can't go wrong. Discover why everyone loves these free easy crochet patterns and try one yourself.
- Blue and White Crochet Afghan
- Striped Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Pattern - so comfy, so cozy!
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Picturesque Windows Afghan
- Blue and White Checkerboard Rug
- Autumn Shawl
- Black Mesh Shawl
- Beachy Wrap - perfect for summer
- Fun and Fancy Double Crochet Afghan
- Lavender Lace Throw
- Neon Jersey Rug
- Early Bird Afghan
- Fairy Tale Afghan - what dreams are made of
- Lacy Open Shell Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Hooded Poncho Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Butterfly Wings Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Springtime Lace Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Peacock Stitch Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Rose Garden Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Cabled Shawl Crochet Pattern - new and printable!
- Houndstooth at Large Scarf - brand new!
- Outlander Crochet Cowl Pattern - new reader fave!
If you are looking for more easy crochet patterns and projects, consider making one of the adorable projects found in 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials, and More!
Deciding to learn to crochet is the first step in creating stunning crochet patterns that you can be proud of for years to come. While we love offering free crochet patterns, we understand that sometimes learning to crochet comes with lots and lots of questions. If you're stuck or need a little extra help? We're here to help. Click below for answers to your burning questions. Free easy crochet patterns aren't always foolproof, so don't be afraid to reach out and look for help.
- Where does the word “crochet” come from?
- What does YO, ch, sc and dc mean?
- What is crochet in the round?
- What is a crochet granny square?
- What are the different kinds of yarn to use in crochet?
- What are the different weights of yarn indicated on crochet patterns?
- What are the best eco-friendly yarns for crochet?
- How do you hold the crochet hook and yarn?
- What is the best yarn to use when making dishcloths?
- How can I resize a crochet pattern?
- How should I wash my crochet projects once I have finished them?
- How early should I start my crochet Christmas gifts and patterns?
- What crochet tips should I know as a beginner?
Leave a Comment & Tell Us:
What questions did you have about crochet when you started OR what questions do you have now?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff