Striped Crochet Shawl Pattern
Use this free crochet shawl pattern to create a subtly striped wrap. The shawl is quick and easy, worked lengthwise on a large hook. Perfect for draping over your shoulders during a cool summer evening, this Striped Crochet Shawl Pattern is one you'll find yourself using again and again. You can also use this lovely shawl as a scarf come winter and fall. Perfect for beginners and advanced crochet fans, this striped crochet shawl is a great project to add to your collection.
- 6 balls Bernat Bamboo (60 g/2.1 oz) yarn in Water (A)
- Water is discontinued--Bernat suggests using Bamboo as a replacement
- 6 balls Bernat Bamboo (60 g/2.1 oz) yarn in Linen (B)
- Size 8 mm (U.S. L or 11) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 12 sts and 10 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in pat.
- With A, ch 211.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 210 sc.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Join B. Turn.
- 3rd and 4th rows: With B, ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from to last sc. 1 sc in last sc.
- Keeping cont of Stripe Pat (last 4 rows), rep last row for 15 ins 38 cm, ending with 1 row of A.
- Next row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st across. Fasten off.
Read NextHalfway Slippy Hat