FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions
Quick and Crafty is the free email crafting newsletter published by the editors of FaveCrafts.com. We publish Quick and Crafty five times per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). From January through June we feature Thrifty or Vintage topics in our Monday newsletter. From July through December we feature Christmas Crafts on Mondays. The editors at FaveCrafts.com also publish 3 - 5 Quick and Crafty special offers issues each week with deals and offers for FaveCrafts readers. Each of the standard issues revolves around a craft theme, such as crochet afghans, Halloween crafts, knitting, baby, and everything else from A - Z. Here is what is included in Quick and Crafty every week:
- 20-100 craft projects
- Craft giveaways- enter to win books on Tuesdays and products on Fridays
- New craft eBooks to download for free
- New blog posts at FaveCraftsBlog.com
Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter updates
Many people contact us asking how to subscribe for FaveCrafts.com newsletters. Signing up for the free crafting newsletter Quick and Crafty is simple. Just go to our Newsletter Signup Page and fill in your information. You can also click Subscribe at the bottom of any page at FaveCrafts.com to get to this sign-up form.
We support the Hassle-Free unsubscribe at FaveCrafts.com. To unsubscribe from the crafting email newsletter, you can simply click the “Hassle-Free Unsubscribe” image at the bottom of any issue of Quick and Crafty or click the Unsubscribe link also provided at the bottom of each mailing. You can also unsubscribe at the website here.
Please visit the following link in order to change your email address for newsletter subscriptions.
Please note that if you also have a site account for a pattern box, you will need to log in and change your email address under “My Account.”
My Craft Projetcs is a neat tool that allows you to save your favorite recipes from FaveCrafts.com and store them in one organized place. Our easy how-to guide for tips and tricks, How to Use "My Craft Projects" will help you get started.
- Click the Tools menu. (On a Mac, click the Firefox menu.)
- Select Options. (On a Mac, select Preferences.)
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Select the 'Accept cookies from sites' checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
- Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper right hand corner of the browser, next to the search bar.)
- Select Settings.
- Click "Show advanced settings."
- Under the Privacy header, click the "Content settings..." button.'
- Select "Allow local data to be set (recommended)."
- Click "Done."
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Click the "Tools" button.
- Click "Internet Options."
- Click the "Privacy" tab, and then, under "Settings," move the slider to Medium or Low.
- Click "Apply."
Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to 'Medium').
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Safari menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Security.
- In the 'Accept Cookies' section, select Always.
*If you have cookies enabled but use certain features such as SafeSearch, you may also need to allow third-party cookies such as those from FaveCrafts.
See your clever craft idea published with your name at FaveCrafts.com! Simply contact us with your craft project or tip and a member of the editorial team will get back to you. We prefer projects with images and also welcome crafting videos at our website. We welcome guest posts at our blog (see below on FaveCrafts Blog).
What You Can Submit:
- Links to craft projects - Send us your link so we can link out to it.
- Full projects - Send us your full tutorial via Word document.
To submit your project, fill out the contact form and select "Project Submission" as the message topic. We will review your project and email you back with further details.
FaveCrafts eBooks are free, downloadable craft project collections organized around a theme, such as Easter, Graduation or Low-Cost Clothing Crafts. These eBooks are PDF documents that can be downloaded off our website, saved to your computer, and/or printed out for easy reference while crafting. We think eBooks are a great way to offer a free collection of craft products to our users. For more advantages to eBooks, see our eBook Guide. We publish new eBooks every month. The newest eBooks are listed here. You can find our complete collection of craft eBooks here.
Go to our Free Craft eBooks page and click on the eBook that interests you. You will need Adobe to access our eBooks, but you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. For help downloading the eBooks, see our eBook Guide. You will find links to patterns, diagrams and other resources in craft projects published in the eBooks, but you will have to click on these links and visit FaveCrafts.com to view these resources. If a link in a PDF craft project does not work, type in the project name into the search box at our website to locate the project and please contact us.
The FaveCrafts.com editorial team loves giving away craft products to our readers. Every Tuesday, we feature a new contest to win a craft book and every Friday, we feature a new contest to win a craft product. These craft books and products are reviewed by our testing team. You can enter the contest via the entry form on the contest page. See all current and upcoming giveaways here.
Weekly giveaways last two weeks. Winners are notified by email, and they have two weeks to send back their affidavits in order to claim the prize. Once those two weeks have passed we will pick a different winner. In addition to standard entry via the form on the contest page, we will give you an extra entry in the contest for EACH of the following items:
- We will give you an extra entry if you blog about the giveaway at your blog. Contact us with a link to the blog post.
- We will give you an extra entry if you tweet about the giveaway. Use the tweet button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
- We will give you an extra entry if you post about the giveaway on Facebook. Use the Like button at the bottom of the contest form to get this extra entry.
You can look for new giveaways in the newsletter and at FaveCrafts Blog every Tuesday and Friday. For more specific rules regarding a giveaway, please see the Rules link at the bottom of any contest page.
Of course! You can visit our blog at www.FaveCraftsBlog.com. We update our blog daily with new craft projects, tips, crafting news, and more. We LOVE when readers comment on the blog, and you do not have to sign in to comment. Just enter your name, email, and comment into the form at the bottom of each blog post and click submit. No one but the editors will see your email address, and we will only use it to contact you in response to a question or to thank you for a comment. You can find out more about the FaveCrafts Blog editors at Meet the Editors.
We welcome guest posts at FaveCrafts Blog. If you are interested in contributing a guest post at our blog, whether you want to tell a personal crafting story or talk about a crafting trend, simply contact us. We can include a link back to your website, blog, or shop and often trade guest posts with other blogs. We love working with other members of the crafting community, so feel free to tell us your idea.
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox, and isn't mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is mail@FaveCrafts.com. For directions on how to do so, click here.
If you want to link to FaveCrafts.com, just follow this link and learn how. If you'd like FaveCrafts to link to your website or blog, consider submitting a craft project or guest blog post. Designers who submit two or more projects to FaveCrafts are eligible for a designer profile, which can include links to your blog, website, Facebook fan page, Etsy shop, etc.
Our mail servers send e-mail through primenewsletters.com or favecrafts.com for all of our web properties. For a complete list of our e-mail newsletters please visit www.primenewsletters.com or our subscriber center.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Google+
Read about our latest ideas on the FaveCrafts Blog
Updated April 23, 2014
- "11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas" free eBook
- Crocheted Hats to Donate
- 48 Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Easy Fingerless Gloves
- How to Crochet Gloves for Beginners: 9 Patterns
- 53 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- 28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 4 Bonus Patterns
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Snowball Wine Bottle Vases
- Snowflake Hostess Apron
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie