Lavender Lace Throw
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Brighten up your home and get it ready for spring with this Lavender Lace Throw. This easy crochet afghan pattern could easily be made in any color you'd like. Great for giving as a gift or making for yourself, this crochet afghan pattern will put all your other blankets to shame. The lovely lacy design of this blanket may look complicated, but it's easily done using a simple V-stitch pattern. Perfect for displaying on your couch or across your bed, this Lavender Lace Throw is sure to add a feminine touch to any room in your home.
Crochet Hook4.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeRows 2 – 5 = 3”; Shell, V St = 2 ¼”
Finished Size44” x 53”
- 8 skeins Red Heart Classic yarn in Light Lavender
- 4.5 mm (US G-6) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Colorful afghans are a great way to bring style and decor to any room in your home, and with this collection of 36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns, you'll be able to give your living room or bedroom a makeover in no time! Great for beginners and advanced crocheters alike, these crocheted afghan patterns are great winter projects for crochet fans! What are you waiting for? Check out
How to Crochet the Lavender Lace Throw
Shell – (2 dcs, [ch 1, 2 dcs] twice) as indicated in instructions.
V Stitch (V St) – (dc, ch 1, dc) as indicated in instructions.
Throw Measures: 44” x 53”
Throw is crocheted in multiples of 8 plus 12.
Row 1 (RS): Ch 148, dc in 4th ch from hook. *skip 3 chs, Shell in next ch, skip 3 chs**, V St in next ch, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, 2 dc in last ch, turn.
Row 2: Ch 4, dc in same stitch, *2 dcs in first ch space of Shell, ch 2, 2 dc in next ch space of same Shell**, (dc, ch 2, dc) in ch space of next V St, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, V St in last stitch, turn.
Row 3: Ch 4, 2 dcs in next ch 1 space, V St in next ch 2 space, *Shell in next ch 2 space, V St in next ch 2 space, repeat from * across, 2 dcs in ch 1 space, ch 1, 1 dc in last stitch, turn.
Row 4: Ch 3, dc in same stitch, ch 1, dc in ch 1 space, (dc, ch 2, dc) in ch space of next V St, [2 dcs in first ch space of next Shell, ch 2, 2 dcs in next ch space of same Shell, (dc, ch 2, dc) in ch space of next V St] across, ending with 1 dc in last ch space, ch 1, 2 dcs in last stitch, turn.
Row 5: Ch 4, dc in same stitch, *Shell in next ch 2 space**, V St in next ch 2 space, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, V St in last stitch, turn.
Continue pattern repeating Rows 2 – 5 for a total of 69 rows.
Round 1: Along top edge 8 dcs in right corner ch space of last row, [(sc, ch 3, sc) in ch 1 space of V St, skip 2 dcs, ch 1 and dc, 7 dcs in next dc] across, 8 dcs in last ch space.
- Work along side edge ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in first dc, [ch 2, skip 1 dc, 5 dcs in next dc, ch 2, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc] across ending ch 3, 8 dcs in last ch space.
- Work along bottom edge [(sc, ch 3, sc) in ch below Shell, 7 dcs in ch below V St] across, 8 dcs in last ch space.
- Work along side edge ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in first dc, [ch 2, skip 1 dc, 5 dcs in next dc, ch 2, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc) across, ch 3, join to beg dc.
Round 2: Work along top edge sc in same stitch, ch 3, skip 2 dcs, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, [ch 3, (sc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch 3 space, ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in center dc of 7 dcs] across ending ch 3 skip 4 dcs, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, ch 3, skip 2 dcs, sc in next dc.
- Work along side edge [ch 3, skip 1 ch 3 space, (sc, ch 2, dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch 3 space, ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in center dc of 5 dcs] across ending ch 3.
- Work along bottom edge and opposite side edge continue pattern around as established, join to beginning of round and fasten off.
Do you prefer throws or afghans?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bold and Beautiful Catherines Wheel Crochet Throw
- Offset Shells Afghan
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Mermaid Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Updated Amish Bars Throw
- Isobel's Afghan Pattern
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Millionaire's Afghan
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shrink Plastic Animal Keyholders
- Easy Princess Dress Pattern
- Sweet Chick Cup Cozy
- DIY Paper Star Decorations
- 4th of July Firecracker Treats
- DIY 4th of July Favors
- Baby Jacket/Cardigan
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Baby Shower Photo Cube Light
- Long Eared Bunny Basket