Tie Dyed Storage Baskets
Hunting for cheap storage baskets is a fun thrift store activity, but did you know you can completely transform the look of a basket with some tie dye? With this Tie Dyed Storage Baskets tutorial, you can store your stash in style! Create baskets to match the decor in your home and save money by buying simple baskets and embellishing them yourself. These decorated baskets are also great ways to wrap up gifts for a shower or housewarming...and they make useful decorations for a living room or bathroom.
- Rit Dyes in Fuchsia, Apple Green and Tangerine
- Buttons from Laura Kelly Collection
- Various embellishments
- I sorted my stuff and decided which things I wanted which of the three colors. I heated up my Rit Dye and water mixes (this time I estimated because I wasn’t worried about what the shades came out like) and dipped the baskets in the dyes. At the same time I dipped the canvas cutouts (from the mixed media section in the store) and the leftover rope from the first project (Apple Box of Candy).
- Then I rinsed it all and set it out to dry.
- When it was dry, I stitched on some of my Laura Kelly buttons from my licensed color palette collection with Buttons Galore. I LOVE these buttons because they are assorted sizes and shapes in every color and they also go through a process that gives them slightly different shades so they are super fun to work with. I used embroidery floss from Coats and Clark in coordinating colors and Fiskars for cutting.
- Wah – La! Baskets that are bright, fun and filled with some of my favorite things. Looking at them makes me want to break out and sing “These are a few of my favorite things…” from The Sound of Music.
Read Next100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques