38 Sick Day Activities for Adults
Crafts are great things to do when you're sick and bored!
Wondering what to do when you're sick and bored at home? Discover great crafts to do in bed. These sick day activities for adults will pass the time!
Whatever crafts you work on will depend on what sort of illness you're battling. If you have a migraine so intense you can't open your eyes, it might be best to try to relax instead. If however you've got the flu and the worst symptoms have passed so you're simply house-ridden for a few days, you'll want something to keep those hands busy!
Many of these projects are fantastic things you can make on the couch. Many of these projects are suitable for crafting when sick because they don't require a ton of materials that will make a mess when you're trying to relax. Keep your hands busy while watching TV and make one of these crafts!
Maybe you're nearly recovered, which is wonderful news! Spread out some of the other projects on your kitchen or dining room table, such as a scrapbook or watercolor painting, and have so much fun passing the time in an artistic manner. Enjoy this list of fun projects!
Sick Day Activities for Adults
- Write in a journal. A gratitude journal is a particularly lovely option.
- Make jewelry - though be sure to keep organized if you're working with small beads while sitting on the couch!
- Call people - there are many crafts you can do while on the phone, like crochet!
- Compile a photo album, or better yet, a scrapbook.
- Make a mood board.
- Try adult coloring!
- Test out your green thumb by growing small plants or herbs. Don't forget to make them a DIY planter.
- Make a DIY organizer (big or small) and then organize something.
- Make a quilt or tie blanket for an indoor picnic.
- Learn origami. You can even try folding 1,000 cranes and making a wish.
- Make lists!
- Practice editing photos on your phone or computer. Later, you can get them developed and use them in future projects!
- Try watercolor painting.
- You can also try sketching. Anyone can do it, even if you aren't an artist! Try sketching with ballpoint pens to start.
- Learn to make any of the wonderful projects featured below!