Pumpkin Patch Napkin
No sew craft projects are perfect for beginners. Why not make a Pumpkin Patch Napkin from Tiffany Windsor to celebrate autumn and Halloween? Use glue to attach your little fabric pumpkins to the fabric napkin. This project is so easy and can be made in an afternoon.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Glue
- Plastic hanging file folder tab
- Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheet
- Circle template
- Napkin ring
- Cut napkin fabric to desired size and iron 3/8″ seam along the edges.
- To hem fabric, apply Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Glue along one edge at a time.
- Use squeegee (I used plastic hanging file folder tab) to smooth out glue. Fold fabric over and press to hold in place. Repeat for each edge gluing all layers of fabric in corners.
- Use circle template to draw circles onto Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheet. (Be sure to draw patterns on the shiny side of sheet.)
- Cut roughly around circle and remove liner paper.
- Press adhesive side down onto wrong side of fabric.
- Cut out along pattern line.
- Cut curved indent on both the top and bottom of circle to create pumpkin shape.
- Lay out pumpkins along one edge of napkin to determine placement. Remove liner paper and press in place on napkin.
- Add stems and leaves and press all pieces in place on napkin running finger along all edges to firmly adhere adhesive to fabric.
- Cut away napkin fabric along bottom edge following pumpkin shapes.
- Fold napkin and add napkin ring (I used a smaller variation of EcoHeidi’s Rolled Beads Necklace). It’s time for a party!
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make a Fabric Pumpkin Patch Napkin.