Recycled Yogurt Cup Bud Vase
This wonderful project comes to us compliments of Michelle Sybert of Her Cup Overfloweth. Michelle recycles an ordinary kid's yogurt drink container into a cute little bud vase. Hooray for less plastic waste! Make these with your kids on Mother's Day for fellow moms, grandmoms and your own home. Find this craft and 21 other crafts for kids in our FREE Summer Crafts for Kids eBook.
Turn an empty kid’s yogurt drink container into a bud vase, perfect for those teeny tiny wild flowers you and your child collect on long (or short) afternoon walks! Before you begin, you will need to gather your materials and set up your workspace.
- Empty yogurt drink container (child size)
- Mod Podge (or other decoupage glue)
- Wide mouth disposable bowl or cup
- Small craft size paint brush
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Scraps of craft paper (try not to use card stock)
- Strip the plastic covering off the container. Set container aside.
- Cut paper into small ½ in. by 2 in. strips. Set aside.
- Pour small amount of decoupage into bowl (enough to dip your strips of paper in).
- Using your paint brush, apply decoupage to the outside of container.
- Piece by piece (this is the most time consuming part), dip the scraps of paper into the decoupage glue and lay on the outside of the container (similar to Papier Mache technique). Using your finger tips or the paint brush, smooth out wrinkles and any excess glue. We layered them in a somewhat messy pattern, because, well, that’s how kids are…a little messy!
- Wipe of bottom of container with a paper towel to get rid of any residue and let dry for approximately 1 hour (give or take a few minutes). Now you are ready to add flowers!
Read NextFall Mason Jars
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2010
GREAT IDEA! Keeping that in the back of my mind to do with my granddaughter next time we're together. Thank you.
Rebeccas creations est2010
Mar 05, 2010
i love this idea and yeah it does sound great for a mothers day gift, im taking courses right now to become a teacher and this would be an awsome classroom project for kids, looks simple and fun
Jan 11, 2010
Not bad, could be made very pretty for Mother's Day or even Valentine's Day. Also have made awesome snow men, as bottle is perfect shape. Put on wooden bead head, and snow paint, use your imagination, little twigs for arms. Nice!!!
Jan 11, 2010
I love this project idea.I'll be using it throughtout spring to fall when I will be sending neighbors cut flowers from the garden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use