Hulk Hogan Costume
Be that celebrity you've always wanted to be. Hulk Hogan is a hot costume this year. You have to say "brother" at the end of each sentence and wear a lot of self tanner. You will also need a bandana, a wig and some other materials.
- Short blonde wig (unless you already have blonde hair!)
- 2 yellow boa feathers
- False eyelash glue
- Yellow shorts. (hot pants, underwear, speedo….whatever you are comfortable in!)
- Solid yellow bandana. This also can be made from cheap fabric.
- Small piece of cardboard.
- Red fabric paint.
- Red tank top
- 2 wrist sweat bands (solid yellow or white to be painted)
- 2 kneepads (solid red or white to be painted)
- Red and yellow spray/airbrush fabric paint if you are painting kneepads and sweat bands. (I use Simply Spray.)
- Wrestling belt (can be gotten from any toy store or toy section of store like Wal-mart.)
- Extra long red or white shoe laces.
- Approximately half a yard of thick, shiny, yellow fabric for wrestling boot covers (I used a yellow pleather-type material)
- A couple pieces of newspaper.
- Self tanner…..loads
- Tape measure.
- Exacto knife
Starting with the bandana, fold it in half so that it forms two triangles. Lay the small piece of cardboard in between the fabric. With the tape measure, measure your forehead (temple to temple.) This measurement will be the space that you need to draw the word “Hogan” in at the center bottom. Use a pencil in case you mess up. Keep the letters about 1-2” in length (depending on the size of your head.
Next, take the fabric paint and paint over the drawn letters creating nice thick, even shapes. Leave to dry.
If you are painting your kneepads and sweat bands do this next.
Do this part outside or make a large mess space with trash bags on the floor.
Start with one side of each object (wrist sweat bands are yellow, kneepads are red) and spray with fabric paint according to the specific paints directions. Move on to the other side and leave to dry.
For the boot covers, take an opened sheet of newspaper and wrap it around your leg. Cut it into the shape that you want the boot covers to be. Make sure you leave enough room to tie them together and put over your boots!
Transfer the newspaper to the yellow fabric. Draw around the edges twice and then cut the shapes out.
Once you have the fabric cut out, mark 1/2-inch horizontal lines about 1-inch apart from top to bottom of each outer edge of each boot cover. With your exacto knife, cut through the horizontal lines. Individually, place outer edges of boot covers together and lace the shoe lace back and forth through the slits. Keep the lacing very loose. Voila! Now you have wrestling shoes!
Now time to put it all together.
First put on the tank top and yellow trunks.
After wrist sweat bands and kneepads are dry put them on.
While sitting down, put on your boots of choice. Gently slip on the boot covers. Tighten the laces so that they sit nicely around the leg.
Stand up and put your wig on.
After the bandana is dry put it on over the wig.
Pluck two feathers from a boa. Place a few teeny drops of eyelash glue on your upper lip. Take the small ends of each feather and center them on the glue so that the large parts of the feather are facing down. Now you have a handle bar mustache!
You can wear the boa if you like as one of the many characters of the Hulk did.
- Put your belt on and start posing!!
Read NextMonster Mash Halloween Favors