Autumn Painted Pumpkin
There are so many ways to decorate in the fall, but this painted pumpkin project is truly unique. The Autumn Painted Pumpkin tutorial will show you how to create a one-of-kind fall decoration that takes a plain pumpkin and transforms it into a work of art. When you've finished, place it outside, on your table, or on your mantel. It will add festive touch anywhere you put it. This is a wonderful decoration you can make completely your own.
- Painters® opaque paint markers, medium tip: brown
- Painters® opaque paint markers, medium tip: orange
- Painters® opaque paint markers, medium tip: gold metallic
- X-ACTO® crafttools scissors
- X-ACTO® crafttools 12” metal ruler
- Copy paper
- Pencil or pen
- Cotton swab and water (optional)
- Medium sized white pumpkin
To make your chevron pattern, fold a piece of letter size copy paper in half horizontally. Then fold in half again (paper will be 2.75” wide once fully folded). NOTE: For a smaller chevron pattern, fold paper a third time.
With the paper folded, find the center (1 3/8”) and mark with a pencil at the top edge. Measure down 1” from the top of the paper and mark with a pencil on the left and right sides. Using an X-ACTO 12” Designer Series Metal ruler, draw guidelines connecting the bottom marks to the top forming an upside down V. NOTE: For a taller chevron pattern, measure down more than 1” from the top of the paper.
Using X-ACTO Designer Series Scissors, cut the corners along your pencil guidelines.
Unfold paper and wrap chevron template around pumpkin. Secure on pumpkin with tape and trace around template with pencil or pen. Depending on the size of your pumpkin, you may need to move and rewrap the template to continue the chevron pattern.
Once the guidelines are in place, start to fill in the chevron pattern with a Metallic Gold Painter’s Paint Marker. Alternate chevron pattern with Brown Painter’s Paint Marker. Experiment with thick and thin lines. (Tip: To erase a line, immediately use a damp cotton swab to carefully wipe off while still wet OR let completely dry and paint over it.)
- Add small dots around chevron pattern using Orange Painter’s Paint Marker. Decorate the center of the pumpkin with Autumn leaves and acorns in Gold, Orange, and brown.
Read NextEmbossed Aluminum Sunflower
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.