DIY Fabric Tape
Now you can make your own decorative masking tape with this DIY Fabric Tape tutorial. Using up fabric scraps was never so easy! Use this fabric tape to add color to everything from scrapbooks to lamp shades.
- Fabric wider than 1 3/4" and any length desired
- Res Q Tape by Dritz (in 1 1/2" width)
- Lay out your fabric of choice on a flat surface wrong side up, and then using your hand to apply pressure, adhere sticky side of tape to fabric. Do not remove the paper backing on the tape.
- Trim your tape at the bottom of your fabric piece. Flip over fabric and tape and smooth out fabric again applying slight pressure with your hand to ensure complete adhesion.
- Flip your fabric over again so that the tape is visible (wrong side up) and using the paper backing of your tape as a guide, trim away the excess fabric on both sides of the tape.
- Store your fabric tape in strips with the paper backing in place until ready to use. When ready to use cut to desired length, pull off backing fabric and use as desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Scrapbooking"
Hundreds of free scrapbooking layouts, patterns and ideas. Features helpful tips for beginner scrapbooking with beginner scrapbooking ideas, free scrapbooking layouts, tutorials and more.
Sign Up for Free Projects