DIY Fabric Tape
Now you can make your own decorative masking tape with this DIY Fabric Tape tutorial. Using up fabric scraps was never so easy! Use this fabric tape to add color to everything from scrapbooks to lamp shades.
- Fabric wider than 1 3/4" and any length desired
- Res Q Tape by Dritz (in 1 1/2" width)
- Lay out your fabric of choice on a flat surface wrong side up, and then using your hand to apply pressure, adhere sticky side of tape to fabric. Do not remove the paper backing on the tape.
- Trim your tape at the bottom of your fabric piece. Flip over fabric and tape and smooth out fabric again applying slight pressure with your hand to ensure complete adhesion.
- Flip your fabric over again so that the tape is visible (wrong side up) and using the paper backing of your tape as a guide, trim away the excess fabric on both sides of the tape.
- Store your fabric tape in strips with the paper backing in place until ready to use. When ready to use cut to desired length, pull off backing fabric and use as desired.
Read NextTravel Game Tin
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
craftladie122962 6 996384
Jul 04, 2013
i like anything i have in my crafting materials i do have
kendrablank12 2009 630
Aug 08, 2012
This is a great way to use up old strips of fabric! I can picture using this in a child's scrapbook, using strips of their favorite clothing to border the photos in the scrapbook; this way, their favorite clothes are never outgrown or forgotten! You can also make your young child an Alphabet Scrapbook using these fabric tape strips: each page is one letter of the alphabet and has pictures of all sorts of things that start with that letter. For Blue, you can use blue tape strips; for Red, use red; etc. Thanks for the tip!
Mar 12, 2012
Wow...!!! You are bright .. i would never have thought of this.. keep them comming..Thank-You.. Debbie..[email@example.com]
Mar 11, 2012
Thank you!! Great idea will be using it soon. Please do away with the ad on the directions. Thank you!!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use