Totally Tie Dye Shoes
You've probably seen tie dyed t-shirts, but these Totally Tie Dye Shoes are unlike anything else. Change the way you look at tie dye designs and create a stylish pair of pumped up kicks. This project is perfect for kids and adults. Take an afternoon to transform a boring pair of canvas slip-ons into a cool pair of far out shoes. Use the same methods from traditional tie dye shirt ideas to breathe new life into an old or unexciting pair of slip on shoes. Try this project outside in the summer or lay down some plastic and try this out inside.
- Tulip Spray Tie Dye
- Hot/Cold Water
- Painters Tape
- Fill your dye bottles with hot water and shake until the dye is mixed into the water.
- Wet your shoes in cold water - wet fabric goes better with dye.
- Tape the bottoms of the shoe with painter's tape.
- Apply the dye in the pattern you choose.
- After you've applied all you want, let it sit for six hours.
- After the times up, rinse your shoes in cold water.