Tie-Dye Hurricane Swirl
Learn how to do the Tie-Dye Hurricane Swirl from Ann Butler. This tie-dye pattern looks amazing in teal blue, but can be made in any color. Make this tie-dye tank top by following these instructions.
- I Love to Create Dye Kit
- Plastic to cover work area
- Plastic wrap
Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth.
Choose color you will want to use from kit; add water to each bottle half way, shake, then fill with water to fill line, shake.
Lay Shirt flat on work surface. Decide the area on the fabric where you want the swirl to be. Pinch fabric at this point. Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
Squirt dye onto shirt, turn over and repeat.
Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 4 – 6 hours.
Rinse until water runs clear, wash with soap, dry and wear.
Tips & Tricks:
- Wear the gloves that come in the kit, as the dye will stain you hands.
- It is a good idea to wear an apron to protect your clothing from spills.
- You can dye printed clothing and have great results.
- One bottle of dye can dye several items.
- Combine small amounts of left over dye to create a new color.
- Most thread is polyester and will remain the color it started as; this will give you nice unexpected results.
- Be sure to reuse, repurpose and recycle.
For more tie-dye designs, check out How to Tie-Dye a Shirt: 11 Colorful Tie-Dye Designs.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Tie-Dye"
Find photo tutorials for different tie-dye techniques, including Batik, Heart, Splatter and more. Find out how to make different tie-dye designs and tie dye t-shirts.
Love tie dye patterns? Bless your inbox and subscribe to the FaveCrafts Newsletter.