Purple Lightning Tie Dye Shirt
Try something new with this Purple Lightning Tie Dye Shirt. Learn how to tie dye a shirt that looks vibrant and colorful. Just follow these easy tie dye shirt instructions to discover how to transform any shirt into a lovely purple creation. This is a great craft to work on with kids or teenagers, so gather up the entire family and work on a sea of matching tie dye shirts. The purple color means that boys and girls can both enjoy the shirt without a hint of embarrassment.
- I Love to Create Dye Kit
- Plastic to cover work area
- Plastic wrap
If you want to learn ways to tie dye shirts, there are plenty of techniques in this free downloadable eBook. Check out How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques and discover new and unexpected ways to tie dye everything from shirts to scarves. These family-friendly projects are perfect for summer and require very little craft experience.
- Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth.
- Add water to purple bottle half way, shake, then fill with water to fill line, shake.
- Lay Shirt flat on work surface. Squirt purple dye onto top half of tee. Re-fill bottle with more water to lighten dye and squirt onto bottom half of tee leaving a section white.
- Turn t-shirt over and repeat.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 4 – 6 hours. (photo 12)
- Rinse until water runs clear, wash with soap, dry and wear.
There's nothing worse than falling in love with a type of craft and then running out of creative inspiration. Luckily, 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns is filled with creative ideas to keep you busy. If you want to learn how to make tie dye shirts or create other colorful wearables, this is a collection to save for your craft library. These projects range from beginner-friendly to more complicated, so there really is a fun project for everyone in the family.
- Wear the gloves that come in the kit, as the dye will stain you hands.
- It is a good idea to wear an apron to protect your clothing from spills.
- You can dye printed clothing and have great results.
- One bottle of dye can dye several items.
- Combine small amounts of left over dye to create a new color.
- Most thread is polyester and will remain the color it started out as; this will give you nice unexpected results.
- Be sure to reuse, repurpose and recycle.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Tie-Dye"
Find photo tutorials for different tie-dye techniques, including Batik, Heart, Splatter and more. Find out how to make different tie-dye designs and tie dye t-shirts.
Love tie dye patterns? Bless your inbox and subscribe to the FaveCrafts Newsletter.