Pretty Petal Tee Shirt
If you can't make your own tee shirt, design a tee shirt! This Pretty Petal Tee Shirt from Jen Hagedorn is so easy to make and a great way to jazz up your wardrobe. Soon you'll be blooming with beautiful flowers all over!
- 2 matching T-shirts
- Big Shot machine
- Big Shot Originals die Flower Layers #2
- Needle and thread
- Cut one tee into die-sized rectangles and layer 4 at once on the die.
- Make piles by size. For this project, I decided the smallest flower wasn't what I wanted, so I only used the big, medium and smaller flower. Then I layered them, either a big with a medium, medium with a small, or a a big with a small.
- Threading a hand needle, I used a running stitch around the center of each 2-layer flower and pulled it to gather it up.
- Then I attached the flower to the neckline of the other shirt with a backstitch. You don't want to use a running stitch all the way through or if your thread gets caught on something, the whole thing will bunch up.
- Your needle's on the inside of the shirt now. Bring it up a little space away (about an inch and a half depending on what size flowers you're using).
- Repeat until your flowers are all along the neckline.
- I used about 16 flowers, starting with 2 smaller flowers near the shoulder and then randomized, then ended with 2 small flowers.
Read NextTwo-In-One Refashioned T-Shirt