Easy DIY Halloween Potion Bottles
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "It’s never too early to bring out the fall decor. It’s been fun to work on all the new decorations I am displaying in my home this autumn. Unlike other fall crafts found online, this DIY craft is one that I didn’t even need to buy anything for. I already had all the items I needed laying around my craft room. Better yet, I loved making these DIY Halloween Potion Bottles almost more than any other Halloween decoration yet! They were quick and easy. They look perfect on my fireplace mantel."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Project TypeMake a Project
- Wine bottles
- Black acrylic paint
- Free potion printables
- Paint brush
- Small plastic skulls
I had these bottles in my craft room just waiting to be used. I used two wine bottles and one vintage-style glass bottle. I got it from Dollar Tree, which is one of my favorite affordable stores to purchase DIY supplies.
I use this technique all the time to create texture on items. It’s super easy. You will rip paper towel pieces up and mod podge them on your bottle. This creates a really cool effect when it dries.
They will take some time to dry. I let the three bottles dry overnight to make sure they were ready to paint.
Once the mod podge textured paper towel layer was dry, I painted the bottles black. I used black acrylic paint.
It will take at least two layers of acrylic paint to cover the bottles completely.
Once the bottles were painted and dry, I wrapped twine a few times around the top of the bottle.
These cute skulls were plastic rings off which I cut the ring part. Then, I hot glued them on the end of the twine.
Next, you will need to mod podge the "FREE POTION LABELS" on the bottles.
Here they are guys! Aren’t they so fun? I absolutely love the way they turned out. I think they are spooky and super cute!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- Button-Embellished Gift Tags
- Sparkly Glitter Unicorn Pumpkin
- Easy Vanellope von Schweetz Pumpkin
- Witch Pumpkin Candy Holder
- Cute Halloween Decorations for Free
- DIY Disney Cinderella Pumpkin
- Personalized Map Gift for Couples
- Clothespin Holiday Tree
- Diy Book Page Bunny Bunting
- Patriotic Coffee Filter Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Super Simple Shawl
- Crochet Sandals
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Boho Packing Tape Storage
- Homeschool Room Ideas
- Elegant Wine Glass Stem Planters
- Adult Summer Halter Top
- Yo-Yo Pumpkin Tutorial
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home