Sweet Summer Tie Dye Shirt Designs
Create cool and breezy tie dye shirt designs that will make you smile! Sweet Summer Tie Dye Shirt Designs are made for sunny days. If you are looking for fun tie dye shirt ideas, this one's for you. Even if it isn't summer, you can channel the sun and fun with this fun craft project. Once you learn how to tie dye a shirt, you'll want to redo your entire wardrobe. Luckily, this is a great craft project that is easy to complete, so you can go through your closet piece by piece.
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Dye Techniques Kit™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Paper towels
- Plastic cup or foam plate
- T-shirt – white – 100% cotton
- Tank top – white – 100% cotton
There are so many ways to repurpose a t-shirt, but tie dye is definitely the most fun. Download a copy of How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor, and More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns and discover innovative ways to transform white fabric. You'll certainly stick out in a crowd when you learn how to tie dye shirts and other wearables. You can also tie dye tons of home decor items, so you'll never get bored or run out of ideas.
- Prewash tank to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™. Lay damp tank on prepared surface.
- Wearing plastic gloves, add water to dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Remove cap from Fuchsia dye and replace with spray nozzle. Spray onto right side and across middle of tank. Spray Lime dye onto middle of tank, cleaning nozzle thoroughly before placing on Lime dye bottle.
- Poor Turquoise dye onto foam plate or in a plastic cup. Dip foam brush into Turquoise and brush light lines onto tank, starting at the top left and moving down middle of shirt. Refer to photo.
- Cover tank with Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap and dry in dryer.
- Once dry, lay out tank on clean surface and place Fashion Form™ between layers of fabric. Use the Fashion Art Tweezers™ to place clear crystals randomly over front of tank.
- Use the Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™ to adhere crystals in place according to package instructions.
- Remove cap from Lime dye and replace with spray nozzle. Spray onto entire front of shirt.
- Poor Turquoise dye onto foam plate or in a plastic cup. Dip foam brush into Turquoise and brush light lines onto top half of shirt, moving from top toward bottom. Refer to photo.
- Cover fabric with Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap and dry in dryer.
If you think there's only one way to make a tie dye shirt, you're sorely mistaken. See for yourself and check out the fabulous DIY projects in 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns. This comprehensive collection of tie dye shirt designs will get you in a crafty mood. Once you've finished working on tie dye shirt designs, you can move on to home decor items and accessories.