20 Quick Sewn Accessories
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for quick, easy, simple, beginner, free sewing patterns, why not whip up some sewn accessories? These easy sewing patterns are a lot simpler than most sewing projects. You don't have to fit these to your figure like you would with a dress pattern. Sewn accessories are much smaller, so they're quick to make, and they take up much less fabric.
20 Quick Sewn Accessories Table of Contents
Looking for sewn hat patterns? You've come to the right place! Try a free sewing pattern for a baby hat or make one for yourself from a pillowcase. Sewn hats make great gifts, and they're useful year round. Once you learn how to sew hats, you'll never want to sew anything else.
- Spring Baby Hat: Your child's outfit isn't complete with the Spring Baby Hat. It's adorable and easy to make. On those bright, sunny days this hat really comes in handy. Look forward to Spring with this simple sewing project from Jessica Gerblick.
- Sweet Dreams Hat: Keep your little one warm and cozy with this Sweet Dreams Hat from Jen Hagedorn. This easy baby hat pattern requires knit fabric, so the hat is stretchy, warm, and soft. Soon you'll be sewing these super cute baby hats for all your friends and family!
- Pillowcase Sun Hat: Turn an old pillowcase or less than a yard of scrap fabric into a feminine sun hat with this sewing tutorial from Stefi Luca. You can add bias tape for a colorful brim on this free hat sewing pattern.
- Fleece Gnome Hat: This fleece baby's gnome hat is adorable for the cold weather. It is easy to make following this quick tutorial and it will keep your little one warm while looking super cute.
Create the classic patterns you love with our collection of 17 Vintage Sewing Patterns. With lots of wearables and accessories for kids and adults, this collection will take you back to days of yore and give you ideas for reinventing the fashion staples of the 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's.
Don't neglect your feet! Spruce up your shoes using scrap fabric and sewing skills. These tutorials show you just how easy it is to makeover your shoes.
- Mary Jane Pleated Slippers: These Mary Jane pleated slippers are an adorable addition to a baby girl's wardrobe. Stitch up a pair tonight with these free sewing patterns for babies.
- Beach Flip Flops: Use your favorite fabric to create a cute matching set for the beach. This beginner sewing project can be done in one hour or less.
- DIY Sex and the City Shoes: Instead of spending lots of cash on a new pair of stilettos, make your own sexy pumps for your next night out. Let’s show some Carrie Bradshaw love and recreate the shoes that prompted the line “Hello lover…”
You can sew a bag so many different ways! When you learn how to sew a bag, you can make a backpack, a drawstring bag, a trendy clutch, a tote...the possibilities are endless! Sew bag after bag, and sew messenger bag after messenger bag using these easy instructions.
- Bow Bag: You can never have enough bags right? Especially with a free sewing pattern. Beccy from Wipster used scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of jeans to make this cute Bow Bag. The top has a drawstring so it can expand when you need it to, but draw it up for security (and cuteness).
- Sweatshirt Tote: Looking for unique free craft ideas? Try transforming your old sweatshirts into Sweatshirt Totes with this step-by-step tutorial by Jane Skoch.
- Ruffled Envelope Clutch: Use pre-ruffled fabric to make this adorable (yet functional!) ruffled envelope clutch from Jessica Gerblick. These patterns to sew purses, bags, and clutches are stylish and simple.
- Foldover Clutch: This Fold Over Clutch is great for spring and summer. It's easy to make and fun to decorate! Mix and match fabrics and add your own lace and embellishments to make this clutch something special! You can't loose with sewing projects like this!
Create amazing sewn tutorials with our new printable collection, 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas. In this eBook, you'll find patterns for beginners, sewn bag tutorials, wearables for kids and adults, and so much more! Download your own free copy of this printable eBook today!
Learn how to make t shirt scarf patterns and more with these great tutorials! A sewn scarf is a great addition to a spring or summer wardrobe. T shirt scarf patterns and other sewn scarves don't have to be made only for winter! You can make a t-shirt scarf or fiber scarves to wear in the in-between months because the fabric is the perfect weight.
- Summer Scarf: Make a light-weight summer scarf in cotton, sear sucker or linen fabric for the warm, summer months. Make a scarf bursting with ruffles with this scarf sewing tutorial from Dana Willard.
- Linen and Lace Scarf: Scarves aren't just for fall and winter -- a lace-trimmed linen scarf is the perfect accessory for warmer weather. If you want to add a touch of color to your summer fashion, this easy-to-make scarf from Jenya of MyEvaForeva fits the bill.
- Recycled T-Shirt Scarf: Learn how to make a scarf the eco-friendly way! The recycled fabric scarf from Samantha Palacio is quick and easy, and it looks cute too.
- Colorblocked Tee Shirt Scarf: Recycle some old, ratty t-shirts into a stylish, colorblocked t shirt scarf. This stylish scarf is easy to make, and all you need are a few old t-shirts from the donate pile.
Sew accessories for every part of your body, from your head and neck to your wrists and feet! Just use one of these sewing patterns to get started making sewn accessories. We've got lots of simple sewing patterns, free! Find a sewing pattern for a fun accessory and get to work; you'll be done in no time.
- Not So Basic Headbands: If you're looking for a cute and creative way to spice up and old headband, or want a fun hair accessory, check out this project for Not So Basic Headbands from Suede. Hair accessories don't have to be boring, and these beautiful ribbon bands are punched up with beautiful flowers and are so simple to make! You can make one in black and one in white. This is an easy project for sewn hair accessories, and make great gifts too!
- Shirt Cuff Bracelets: Tun the cuffs of a man's shirt into adorable cuff bracelets with this sewing tutorial from Stefi Luca. If you have refashioned the shirt into a cute dress, you don't need to throw away the cuffs!
- Cute Sewn Hair Clips: These cute hair clips are like nothing I've ever seen. You can sew your own designs for any day of the week. This is a great DIY craft to make with your girlfriends.
- Multiple Use Fabric Flowers: You'd be surprised by how many things you can create or decorate with Multiple Use Fabric Flowers. Give this easy craft project from Cecilia Jorcin a try. Once you learn how to make fabric flowers, you'll find tons of ways to use them.
- Knit Fabric Hand Warmers: Sewing fingerless gloves is a great and easy project. These Knit Fabric Hand Warmers keep your hands nice and warm and leave your fingers open for writing, typing, or crafting!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Princess Dress Pattern
- Sweet Chick Cup Cozy
- DIY Paper Star Decorations
- 4th of July Firecracker Treats
- DIY 4th of July Favors
- Baby Jacket/Cardigan
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Baby Shower Photo Cube Light
- Long Eared Bunny Basket
- Insulated Tote Bag