17 Vintage Sewing Patterns
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get a taste for yesterday’s fashion with this great collection of 17 Vintage Sewing Patterns! With great patterns for kids and adults, these vintage clothing patterns and accessories are an easy way to be fashion forward while keeping your money in the bank!
Adults will love our collection of vintage sewing patterns to wear. These vintage dress sewing patterns are easy to customize and are great for adding some style and flair to your wardrobe. This Easy Breezy Skirt is a great wardrobe staple. It’s easy to dress up or down and can be made in a few simple steps.
And we have lots of vintage sewing patterns to help you accessorize! Add this Four Step Fabric Flower to everything and anything! It’s a great way to jazz up a headband, purse, scarf, shirt, or even a pair of shoes! With these free vintage sewing patterns, you’ll have a whole new wardrobe in no time!
And don’t forget about the kids! There are lots of great vintage sewing patterns for the little ones to wear, and most of them are great sewing patterns for beginners. For example, this Little Girl's Butterfly Shrug is easy to make and a great way to add some color to anything from jeans and a tee to a bright and colorful summer dress.
Whether you’re craving the good old fashioned vintage style or you’re just looking for some vintage sewing patterns to spice up your wardrobe, this collection of vintage clothing patterns will make it easy and fun for you to show off your style!
17 Vintage Sewing Patterns Table of Contents
Look hip and fabulous in these free vintage sewing patterns! With a colorful necklace and a simple button down top or cardigan, these skirts and dresses can instantly take you back to the days of iconic fashion and design. These dress sewing patterns are easy to make and even more fun to show off!
- Cute Dress from a Man's Shirt: This cute dress is great for a warm summer day. Made from an oversized man's shirt, this easy and lightweight dress is just the way to dress up your wardrobe.
- The Peggy Skirt: Inspired by the 1950's this vintage sewing pattern is great for any occasion. Girls of all ages will love this cute skirt, and paired with a white tee, it's a great outfit for the 4th of July!
- Quick Pillowcase Apron: Take that vintage pillow case to new heights with this cute apron pattern. If you need sewing patterns for beginners, this is a great one to get you started. Grab an old pillow case and get to work making this cute and fun apron Betty Cleaver would be proud to call her own!
- Easy Breezy Skirt: Great for a night out or an upcoming interview, this easy breezy skirt is a vintage staple! Vintage sewing patterns like this are easy to dress up or down, and great for those who are new to following patterns.
- NEW! DIY Fleece Cape: Ever wanted to try making your own clothes? This cute and fashionable cape is made from an old fleece blanket. Discover your inner designer with this great project that is thrifty, fun, and comfortable to wear.
Accessorizing is easy with these vintage sewing patterns! From fun flowers to lovely scarves, these vintage accessories are a great way to jazz up any one of your sewing projects. They also make great gifts for fashion lovers and are great sewing patterns for beginners.
- Four Step Fabric Flower: Great for necklaces, shoes, bags, and shirts, this vintage sewing pattern is easy to make and a great way to add some color and texture to your projects. Use this flower any way you'd like!
- Ruffled Envelope Clutch: Grab this cute little bag before you head out the door. Made with colorful vintage fabric, this cute clutch is perfect for anyone! Free vintage sewing patterns like this make great gifts for all your best girlfriends.
- Patchwork Scarf: Use scraps of your favorite fabrics to get the look of this vintage scarf. Vintage clothing patterns like this are great for beginners and it's an easy way to use up any fabric scraps you may have lying around.
- Scrap Fabric and Button Brooch: You can add this vintage brooch to your bag, coat, shirt, scarf, or purse. Once you've started, it will be hard to stop making this cute vintage accessory!
- Linen and Lace Scarf: Linen and lace is always in style, and you can get the look you love with this lightweight scarf. This vintage sewing pattern is a great way to accessorize anytime of year, and the soft border around the scarf gives it a feminine flair any girl is sure to love!
- Vintage Wrist Warmers: For the warmer months, there's these vintage wrist warmers, great for keeping your hands and wrists warm when you're working, shopping, or just sitting around the house. The sweet lace trim makes this vintage sewing pattern a must have for all lovers of vintage style.
- Fabric Frill Tote: Frills and ruffles just scream vintage...and this purse is no exception! You'll be walking in style with this easy and fun vintage sewing pattern. This purse makes a great Mother's Day gift or a fun birthday gift for a sister or friend.
- Sweet Collar Sewing Pattern: This easy vintage collar is a great way to add some style to your outfit. In a few simple steps, you'll have a vintage accessory that's great anytime of year!
- NEW! Bow Bag Sewing Tutorial: You can never have enough bags right? Especially with a free sewing pattern. Use scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of jeans to make this cute Bow Bag. The top has a drawstring so it can expand when you need it to, but draw it up for security (and cuteness).
Get your kids in on the fun with these cute vintage clothing patterns for kids! These are great beginner projects and vintage dress sewing patterns make great gifts for little girls! With ruffles galore, these vintage sewing patterns are just the thing to get your little girl dressed up to dazzle!
- The Jackie O Dress: How sweet is this little Jackie O dress? Girls will love showing off this sweet dress. Sewing patterns like this are easy to follow and adjust to suit your little girl's measurements.
- Little Girl's Butterfly Shrug: This vintage sewing pattern is simple and elegant...and a great way for a little girl to get dressed up. This shrug is a great addition to a spring dress or a fun way to brighten up a go to jeans and tee outfit.
- Girl's Ruffle Dress: Here's a vintage sewing pattern for all the thrifty crafters out there. Made with a simple pillow case, this ruffle dress is great for the summer and a fun and easy way to use up some old pillow cases that you have lying around.
- 20 Minute Ruffle Dress: An experienced sewist can whip up this dress in about 20 minutes! Girls will love this free vintage dress. Sewing patterns like this one make great gifts for little girls and these dresses are perfect for everything from religious events to weddings.
- Sweet Vintage Dress: Gather up your favorite fabric and make this sweet vintage dress for your little lady! Girls will love showing off your handiwork and this dress is a great way to learn how to use a sewing pattern.
- NEW! Easy Peasy Hairpins: These Easy Peasy Hairpins are similar to the fashionable hair accessories for women sold in Anthropologie stores...but much less expensive! These easy DIY cheap hair accessories can be made with ease! And no one will know the difference!
BONUS!: As you work your way through these free vintage dress sewing patterns, you’re going to need some handy equipment. This Cathedral Pin Cushion is just the thing for a vintage lover. It’s a great way to use up fabric scraps and it’s easy to have at your side when you need a pin or a needle.
Double BONUS! Bow Bag Sewing Tutorial is a must-see project!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid