Cute and Crafty Christmas Booties
It's surprisingly easy to throw together cute Christmas costumes for your baby. These Cute and Crafty Christmas Booties can be worn on your little reindeer's hooves or filled with peppermints and placed on the table as decorations. With a bit of red felt, these little booties could also look adorable on the Christmas tree. Cute baby Christmas booties don't come much easier to create than this. Bring some "aww" into your holidays with these Cute and Crafty Christmas Booties.
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Tulip® Craft Mat™
- Tulip® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- C1 White (65000)
- White chalk sharpened to a point
- Felt yardage – red – 1/3 yard
- Sewing pins
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Paper towels
- Needle and thread
- (2) Small buttons – white
- Cut out patterns for booties. Pin onto double layer of red felt then cut out. Note: for smaller size, cut next to pattern, and for larger size, cut pattern out, leaving a 1/4” border around each piece.
- Matching toe marks, pin top layer to sole, ending at heel. Trim off excess at ends, creating a 1/2” overlap then pin to heel.
- Starting at heel, sew around booties using a 1/4” seam. Remove pins then use pinking shears to trim around edge and along inside opening.
- Add a thin bead of Fabric Fusion along overlap at heel then press together.
- Use pinking shears to cut two strips, one 1/2” x 3” and one a scant 1/2” x 2 1/2” for heel.
- Add glue to one side at ends of shorter strip then press onto heel, folding over seam as shown. Let dry. This will become hanger when used for ornament.
- Flatten out toe of booties then pin to Craft Mat – it will hold project in place and pinholes won’t affect self-healing mat.
- Flip over snowflake pattern then draw along lines with chalk. Position pattern chalk side down over toe area and press in place. Run a finger over lines to transfer chalk pattern onto booties.
- Start flow of White Slick 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Add detail in following order, wiping tip of bottle with paper towels after each section for a clean line: Start with long center lines, small hearts at tips, “V” shape on every other line, larger center dot then smaller dots around design. Add stitch lines to longer felt strip. Let dry.
- Use needle and thread to sew buttons to one end of straps.
- Glue straps in place, making sure buttons are mirror image on booties. Let dry.
- Hand stitching with embroidery floss can be used instead of sewing machine.