T-Shirt Stockings for the Holidays
Don't fret if someone tells you that it's time to let go of your favorite shirt because you can use it for a cool Christmas craft ideas. If you have shirts with interesting graphics, save them for these T-Shirt Stockings for the Holidays. This is the perfect way to recycle old shirts that are still in pretty good condition. Making holiday stockings out of shirts is a great recycled craft idea that really helps the environment. Create T-Shirt Stockins for the Holidays and enjoy your favorite shirts in a new way.
- Stocking to use as the pattern, paper to trace design onto
- Fabric for lining
- Fusible stabilizer
- Craft felt
- Sewing machine
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™
- Crafty Chica® Extreme Embellishment Glue™
- Tulip® Glitter Spray Paint
- Trace the outline of the stocking onto paper.
- Set the shirt out on a flat surface and set the pattern on top. Trace around it and cut out through both layers (NOTE: If you only want the front of the shirt, just use the top layer.)
- Do the same for the lining fabric.
- Iron the stabilizer to both sides of the t-shirt cut outs. Iron to lining.
- With both layers facing together, sew around the edges.
- Take an 8×10 sheet of craft felt in a contrasting color and cut it in half width wise. Glue one at the top of one side of the stocking, and another on the other side. Trim up
the sides so it is flush with the edges, hot glue the felt together up the sides.
- Turn the stocking right side out and fold the felt over to make a cuff.
- Hot glue trim as desired.
- Add sparkle with glitter, crystals, and glitter spray!
- Hot glue a ribbon so you can hang it.
- SHORT CUT NO-SEW METHODS: Use Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Fabric Adhesive and hold in place with clothespins.
Read NextHow to Make a Santa Pillow