36 Free Sewing Patterns for Christmas
Find free printable Christmas sewing patterns and more in this collection.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These free printable Christmas sewing patterns are a great way to jump start your holiday crafting season. There's no time like the present to make up your list of free Christmas patterns to sew and start checking the list.
Create some of our free Christmas sewing patterns, which range from easy homemade gift ideas to a quilted tree skirt pattern. Large stockings, unique Christmas stockings...we've got 'em all on here for you.
Get your needle and thread out, and use these free sewing patterns for some creative gift ideas, homemade Christmas decorations, and the rest of your "Christmas crafts to make" list. Get your sewing machine ready, and turn your house into Santa's workshop with these free sewing patterns for Christmas.
Table of Contents
Christmas Gifts to Sew: Free Patterns
- Christmas Tree Quilt
Who doesn't love cuddling up and gazing at the Christmas tree? Quilt this for an added sense of holiday spirit.
- Snowman Holiday Towel
We recommend making a set. Your guests will love them.
- Jolly DIY Stuffed Animals
These adorable stuffed animals will be greeted enthusiastically by any child!
- Ornament DIY Gift Bags
If you want some unique Christmas gift ideas, personalize this tote especially for your loved ones.
- DIY Rice Heat Packs
Keep those fingers and toes warm this winter with the gift of little heating packs.
- Grandma's Wonderful Gift Tote
This is the perfect purse for a little girl to get more into the season. These are also great Christmas gift exchange ideas.
- Easy to Make Gift Card Holder
Know someone who loves coffee? Don't we all? Give them a gift card to their favorite coffee shop in this handmade holder.
- Christmas Keepsake Bags
Not only can you give gifts in these sewn bags, but they make excellent little keepsakes all of their own!
- Gingerbread Man Hand Warmers
Sewing for Christmas gifts has never been cuter. These DIY hand warmers are super quick and easy to make, and they’ll keep your hands comfy and cozy as you travel out in the cold.
- DIY Santa Sack
Very important for any household, this Santa sack is an essential for your Christmas celebrations!
Christmas Decorations to Sew
- Applique Christmas Placemat and Napkin
Christmas table decorations are important, too! Don't forget to decorate the table for the traditional family feast.
- Candy Applique Table Topper
Here is a free Christmas table topper pattern for you to add the perfect finishing touch to your Christmas table decor.
- Embroidered Holly Tablecloth
So much time is spent at the table when friends and family come to visit during the holidays. This tablecloth will tie it in with the rest of the house.
- Embroider A Christmas Tree Skirt
The tree skirt is just as important as the angel.
- Quick Spiral Quilt Christmas Tree Skirt
This is quick way to finish up your decorations. That old tree skirt needs to be replaced anyway!
- Mini Felt Christmas Stockings Tutorial
Those mini felt stockings are such cute decorations for Christmas, and you can use them for so many purposes! Hang them on the mantel with the other stockings, use them as ornaments, or give them as gift cards!
- Light Bulb DIY Garland
There's something about those cheery Christmas lights that is just so festive. Dress up your decor with this felt garland!
- Christmas Fabric Bunting
With endless color choices, Christmas fabric buntings are an excellent way to add color and texture to a room.
- Felt Christmas Shams
Sew up a couple of cute felt Christmas pillow shams with applique and hand stitching with this tutorial.
- Bold Red Poinsettia Pillow
This vibrant and unique pattern makes a great couch accessory as well as a thoughtful gift.
- Christmas Sweater Throw Pillows
Whether you are adding to your couch or dining chairs, throw pillows are a fantastic way to decorate any room for the holidays.
- Christmas Embroidery Pillow Covers
This easy Christmas craft offers multiple embroidery designs for pillow covers that will make your living or family room look very merry.
- T-Shirt Stockings for the Holidays
Don't fret if someone tells you that it's time to let go of your favorite shirt because you can use it for a cool Christmas craft ideas.
- Easy and Creative Christmas Stocking
The magic of the holiday season will soon fill your home with this enchanting stocking.
- Stylish Homemade Stocking
Once you learn how to make Christmas stockings, you will want to make a unique stocking for every member of the family.
- Embroidered Christmas Stocking
Create a beautiful Christmas stocking in two coordinating fabrics embroidered with gold bows.
- Christmas Tree Advent Calendar
Searching for ideas for advent calendars that the whole family can enjoy? Sew this up and count down the days.
More Christmas Craft Sewing Patterns
- Embroidered Snowflake Ornament
Make these up for smaller gifts to have on hand for the mailman and unexpected visitors.
- Christmas Baby Dress Design
Oh what fun it is to sew this delightful Christmas Baby Dress Design for the little girl in your life. This free sewing pattern makes an excellent DIY Christmas gift for your baby or grandbaby.
- Cheery Trees DIY Skirt
This Christmas sewing project will brighten up your daughter's day when she sees perky, little trees decked out on a skirt.
- Festive Pot Holder Pattern
Take a few Christmasy scraps, and use them to make some holiday themed pot holders.
- Cute and Crafty Christmas Booties
It's surprisingly easy to throw together cute Christmas costumes for your baby. These Cute and Crafty Christmas Booties can be worn on your little reindeer's hooves or filled with peppermints and placed on the table as decorations.
- Felt Stars Free Pattern
The felt star decorations are a free PDF pattern you'll be able to use for a number of projects.
- Easy Embroidered DIY Christmas Ornament
This DIY Christmas ornament is a cute project to create, and this easy embroidery pattern is a quick way to craft something personal and heartfelt for a special person in your life.
- Lil' Llama DIY Christmas Ornament
This homemade ornament is a fun and easy project to craft. You can make a bunch of these quickly, and they’re so adorable that you’ll definitely want to make more than one.
- Heartwarming Words Homemade Ornament
These Christmas ornament crafts are adorable, soft, and speak gently from the heart.
What Christmas sewing pattern would you like to try this year?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Magical Summer Motifs Coloring Page
- Garden World Adult Coloring Page
- Patriotic Celebration Adult Coloring Page
- Ask and It Will Be Given Adult Coloring Page
- Wedding Cake Adult Coloring Page
- Fishers of Men Adult Coloring Page
- Daisy Pom Pom Rug DIY
- Sewn Crochet Hook Organizer Pattern
- Free Printable To Do List
- Simple Stars
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home