Bunny Plastic Canvas Coasters
Need some quick decorations for an Easter party, spring birthday party, or even a women's tea party? You can make these coasters in a jiffy - stitch as many as you need!
Find this craft and more Plastic Canvas projects at "16 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas."
- 10-count plastic canvas
- DMC embroidery floss as listed in color key
- Kreinik Very Fine #4 Braid as listed in color key
- Embroidery needle
- White flexi-foam
- Craft glue
- Cut rectangles of plastic canvas, each 38 threads by 49 thread.
- Follow the chart and use full 6-strands of floss for all cross stitches and Hungarian stitches. Use Very Fine #4 Braid doubled in the needle for all cross stitches using metallic threads. Work bunnies first.
- When each bunny is complete, add straight-stitch totes. Fill in background with Hungarian Stitches.
- Finishing: Trim canvas edges smooth. Finish edges with whip or overcast stitches. Trim off excess floss thread. Optional: cut pieces of foam each slightly smaller than coasters. glue foam backing to wrong side of each coaster.