Easter Bunny Plastic Canvas Pin
Make a plastic canvas pin to wear or give this Easter with a little bunny rabbit and a colorful butterfly. This plastic canvas Easter pin is made in bright thread colors for spring including Lavender and Tangerine.
Find this craft and more plastic canvas projects in 25 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas.
- Quick-Count® 10-ct plastic canvas by Uniek
- Kreinik Heavy (#32) Braid: 008 Green, 092 Star Pink, 100 White
- Kreinik 1/8” Ribbon: 053F Lime
- DMC embroidery floss: 209 Dk Lavender, 741 Med. Tangerine
- Fabri-Tac™ Permanent Adhesive by Beacon™
- Whimsy Glass Bead by Wichelt Imports: one turquoise blue (#5013)
- plastic canvas needle (No. 18)
- backing material: fabric, perforated paper, card stock, etc.
- Cut canvas according to graphs, and as follows:
BASE: 18 x 18 holes
BACKGROUND: 16 x 16 holes
BUNNY: 9 x 12 holee
BUTTERFLY: 6 x 6 holes
- Using three strands of DMC Dark Lavender, work the background piece completely in cross stitches. Overcast the edges with Dark Lavender, using two stitches per hole.
- Work the bunny in Kreinik #32 Braid Star Pink in continental stitches. Overcast edges of bunny with #32 Braid in White.
- Holding background piece like a diamond, tack bunny to background, 3/8” from the top corner and 1/2” from the left corner, with #32 Braid in White, over existing stitches on left ear and bottom edges.
- Using three strands of DMC Medium Tangerine, work butterfly in cross stitches. Overcast the edges with Medium Tangerine, using 2 stitches per hole. Tack the center of the butterfly to the right corner of the background with 1/8” Ribbon Lime.
- Using three strands DMC Dark Lavender, whipstitch background to unstitched base, leaving one hole around all edges.
- Overcast edges of base with 1/8” Ribbon in Lime using 1 stitch per hole.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of #32 Braid Green. Glue with Fabri-Tac™ to background, below bunny, tacking at intervals while twirling/winding ribbon to make curly ‘grass.’ Glue turquoise blue Whimsy Glass Bead to head of bunny at (•) for an eye. Glue backing material to back of pin. Glue pinback to center of backing material.
Read Next29 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.