Wine Bottle Pendant Necklace
Did you accidentally break a glass bottle? Never fear! You can turn it into lovely jewelry! With this Wine Bottle Pendant Necklace, you can transform a broken piece of glass into an amazing pendant in a few easy steps. Perfect for using with wine bottles or beer bottles, this lovely and thrifty pendant necklace is a budget-friendly way to jazz up your accessory collection.
- Wine bottle
- Plastic bag
- Hammer (optional)
- Sanding tools
- Mod Podge
- Scrapbook paper
- Various embellishments
- First, place a used, empty wine bottle in a plastic bag. Hold it by the neck of the bottle with the bag gathered around it. Either whack it directly onto concrete or use a hammer.
- Carefully open up the bag and look for a few pieces that look like a proper size and shape.
- Use your Dremel and sanding tools to smooth the edges.
- Select Mod Podge friendly scrapbook paper. Mod Podge (Plaid) sells double-sided scrapbook paper which is what I used for this project.
- Trace it to the size of your recycled glass piece.
- Apply Mod Podge to the back of your glass piece and apply the paper. Mod Podge over the exposed side of the paper.
- I used eco-friendly hemp string, Fusion glue and added some DIY jewelry accessories from Darice, which you can pick up at craft stores.
- Because I don’t have a diamond bit, I was unsuccessful drilling a hole in the recycled glass pendant so I wrapped the hemp around the top and bottom edges and added a dab of glue on the back side.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Pendants"
Save your money and follow these easy jewelry making instructions to create personal and one-of-a-kind necklace pendants. You can find jewelry making ideas that use a variety of jewelry making supplies.