Cereal Box Heart Pendant
DIY jewelry crafts help you save money and look stylish at the same time. Create your own Cereal Box Heart Pendant that you can wear with any outfit - it's a great way to show off your eco-friendly side. Chose a cereal box with a cool print and get to work.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Cereal box cardboard (or food packaging cardboard)
- Cardboard squeegee (for applying glue)
- Acrylic paint (color to complement or match felt)
- Paint brush
- Printed felt
- Hole punch (small for jewelry findings)
- Pattern of your choice
- Squeegee (to spread glue)
- Wax paper
- Bottle caps (to raise pendant off worksurface)
- 3D Crystal Lacquer
- Jewelry findings – jumprings – necklace chain
- Jewelry pliers
Transfer pattern of your choice to cardboard. Cut out along pattern line. Punch hole for jump ring.
Paint back of cardboard. Let dry.
Apply smooth coat of Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to front of cardboard with squeegee. Glue to wrong side of felt. Let dry for approximately one hour.
Cut out felt along cardboard pattern line.
Punch hole in felt where you punched hole in cardboard. Let glue dry completely.
Place wax paper on work surface. Place bottle caps on wax paper. Place felt shape on top of bottle caps. This will raise the piece from the tabletop for the next step.
Apply coat of 3D liberally over felt by first drawing a line of lacquer directly from the bottle tip along the outside edge of felt, then fill in to completely coat the felt. As 3D soaks into the felt, continue to apply and fill in until you have a nice even coat.
Using tweezers, drop rhinestones into wet 3D. Let piece dry undisturbed overnight.
- Add jumpring and attach to necklace chain.
Read NextVintage Spoon Pendants