Vintage Spoon Pendants
Turn old thrift store spoons into these adorable Vintage Spoon Pendants. These cute DIY pendants are great to give as gifts and are a fun way to play around with all your favorite beads, baubles, odds, and ends. The great thing about vintage jewelry patterns like this is that no one is like the other, so you can create original pieces for all your friends and family members. This pendant is truly one of a kind, and is a great way to reuse grandma's old jewelry or an old spoon that you stumble upon in your junk drawer.
Discover this project and others like it in 19 Spoon Crafts: Wooden, Plastic, Metal, and More.
- Assorted spoons
- Various beads, buttons, and baubles
- Chain or black cord
- I started with assorted spoons:
- The spoons can be put in a vise grip and partially bent, then cut with a hack saw. Finish bending after cutting to make a loop for the chain:
- I always use E-6000 glue for such projects. The proper way to use E-6000 is to apply the glue to the area, then slide your item onto the glued area. It creates a better bond to slide the item rather than simply placing it onto the glued area.
- Some of the items I glued into the spoons were earrings with the backs removed. Some of the other bits were small brooches. The pinbacks can be easily removed with wire clippers.
- The pendants would look fine on a simple black cord or silver ball chain. A more elaborate beaded chain could be used too. The possibilities are endless!
Love vintage-inspired patterns? Check out these other awesome projects!
Read NextSwirly Wire Wrapped Pendants