Upcycled Tap Shoe Pendant
Do you have a pair of old tap shoes that you no longer use? Well you can find a new use for them with this Upcycled Tap Shoe Pendant project. This charming necklace makes a wonderful gift for a dancer or someone who enjoys the fine arts. Decorate the pendant however you'd like and you'll always carry the magic of music close to your heart.
- Cystyler tool
- Variety of crystals
- Acrylic black paint
- Old tap shoe
- Jewelry wire
- I painted the shoe tap with DecoArt's Americana Acyrlics in Lamp Black, adding a couple of coats of Duraclear Varnish.
- I like the texture of the tap, which the paint covers so I decided to add a light coat of Metallic Lustre in Silver Spark.
- After adding a painted distressed circle to the center of the tap, I used Beacons Glass Metal and More to add a coat of glue around the circle with a toothpick.
- Adding the stones to the surface of the pendant was super easy with this tool! My old method involved picking the stones up individually with a toothpick! I can see how an entire surface can be blinged up so quickly and easily with the Cystyler.
- Moving on, I used silver beading wire to add stones, taking advantage of the pre-drilled holes around the perimeter of the tap.
- I finished the whole project by adding the pendant to a pearl string and stamping script text to the center of the pendant.
Read NextVintage Spoon Pendants