Pretty Purple Neck Warmer
This Pretty Purple Neck Warmer from Red Heart Yarn is great for keeping you warm during those cold autumn and winter nights. Since it's shorter than a scarf, it's super quick to make! This knitted neck warmer is also great for wearing around the house. The little buttons add a cute touch and help to keep the warmer snug around your neck.
- RED HEART® Boutique™ “Treasure™”: 1 ball 1913 Spectrum
- Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4”; 30 rows = 4” in pattern st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Note: When instructed to slip stitches, bring yarn to front of work and slip them purlwise.
Scarf measures 31” long and 6½” wide.
- Cast on 25 sts.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Slip 1, *[k1, p1] twice, k2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 2: *Slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1; repeat from * to last st, k1. Repeat last 2 rows until piece measures 29½” from beginning end with a Wrong Side row.
- Next Row (buttonhole – Right Side): Slip 1, k1, p1, bind off next 3 sts; beginning with next st on left needle, [k1, p1] twice, k3, p1, bind off next 3 sts; beginning with next st on left needle, [k1, p1] twice, k2. Slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1, slip 1, cast on 3 sts over the bound-off sts, p1, k1, slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1, slip 1, cast on 3 sts over the bound-off sts, p1, k2. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 31” from beginning.
- Bind off.
- Lightly steam block scarf. Overlap ends and sew buttons opposite buttonholes. Weave in ends.