Pretty Purple Neck Warmer
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Pretty Purple Neck Warmer from Red Heart Yarn is great for keeping you warm during those cold autumn and winter nights. Since it's shorter than a scarf, it's super quick to make! This knitted neck warmer is also great for wearing around the house. The little buttons add a cute touch and help to keep the warmer snug around your neck.
- RED HEART® Boutique™ “Treasure™”: 1 ball 1913 Spectrum
- Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4”; 30 rows = 4” in pattern st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Note: When instructed to slip stitches, bring yarn to front of work and slip them purlwise.
Scarf measures 31” long and 6½” wide.
- Cast on 25 sts.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Slip 1, *[k1, p1] twice, k2; repeat from * to end of row.
- Row 2: *Slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1; repeat from * to last st, k1. Repeat last 2 rows until piece measures 29½” from beginning end with a Wrong Side row.
- Next Row (buttonhole – Right Side): Slip 1, k1, p1, bind off next 3 sts; beginning with next st on left needle, [k1, p1] twice, k3, p1, bind off next 3 sts; beginning with next st on left needle, [k1, p1] twice, k2. Slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1, slip 1, cast on 3 sts over the bound-off sts, p1, k1, slip 1, [k1, p1] twice, k1, slip 1, cast on 3 sts over the bound-off sts, p1, k2. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 31” from beginning.
- Bind off.
- Lightly steam block scarf. Overlap ends and sew buttons opposite buttonholes. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Seuss Sneetches Costume Idea
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home