Peppermint Knit Cowl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This peppermint knit cowl from Rusty Boyd is warm and festive for the winter months. Use these knitting instructions to make one for yourself or a gift.
- 2 balls OnLine Linie 146 Montana in the Ruby Fire colorway (01) (or yarn of your choice that gives you the approximate gauge)
- Size 11 DPN or long circular for magic loop (or size that gives you approximate gauge)
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
Gauge: Not entirely important but -- approximately 3.5 stitches and 3 rows per inch (pre-blocking)
Stitch Pattern: Wavy Rib (from Mon Tricot Knitting Dictionary 1030 Stitches and Patterns) modified for working in the round multiple of 6
Rounds 1-6: *P4, k2*
Round 7: *P2, sl 2 to cn and hold to back of work, k2, p2 from cn
Rounds 8-12: *P2, k2, p2*
Round 13: *Sl 2 to cn and hold to back of work, k2, p2 from cn, p2*
Rounds 14-18: *K2, p4*
Round 19: *sl last 2 p st from previous round to cn and hold in back of work, K2, p2 from cn, p2,
sl 2 st to cn and hold in back of work, k2, p2 from cn, p2
Rounds 20-24: repeat rounds 14-18
Round 25: repeat round 19
Cast on 60 stitches. Place stitch marker to mark beginning of round. Join to work in the round. Work pattern stitches through round 25. Repeat rounds 20-25 to desired length (height). To bind off I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's Sewn Bind off. (Click for link to Knitty.) It gives a stretchy bind off which will be helpful when pulling this over your head. Use tapestry needle to weave in ends. Blocking I feel is unnecessary with this type of accessory, but you can if you like.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Easiest Ever Triangle Wrap Pattern
Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
Prairie Knit Shawl Pattern
Beginner Montgomery Scarf
Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
21 Free Knit Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
A Green Lace Scarf
12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 12 Knitted Dishcloth Patterns
- Crochet Flower Pot
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home