Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You'll love this lightweight scarf any time of year! The chain stitch creates a soft texture in this free scarf knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns. This scarf is quick and easy to make. You can knit it lengthwise on circular needles.
Gorgeous knitting patterns like this are great projects for people who are new to knitting to start with. This cute scarf also makes a great Christmas or birthday gift for a friend or family member. Choose a neutral color and wear your scarf all year long.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners.
- Yarn: Bernat Bamboo (60 g / 2.1 oz) 2 balls of #92425 (Rosehip)
- Circular Knitting Needle: Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 16 ins 40 cm long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 14 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in stocking st.
Measurements: 5 x 50 ins 12.5 x 127 cm
Cast on 171 sts. Do not join in rnd. Working back and forth in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). Knit.
2nd row: *P1. Sl1P. Rep from * to last st. P1.
3rd row: K2. *Sl1. K1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
4th to 7th rows: Beg with a knit row, work in stocking st.
Rep 2nd to 7th rows for 5 ins [12.5 cm], then 2nd and 3rd rows once.
Next row: Knit. Cast off knitwise (WS).
For more simple crafting projects, take a look at these 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home