We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Making a scarf is a great way to use up some left over yarn, and this Lacy Scarfette from Vickie Howell is perfect for the springtime! Beautiful scarves like this are great fashion accessories and a fun way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe!
When winter wanes and spring starts to show up with warmer days, it is time to pack away your winter wear and that often means your knit scarf patterns. This can make accessorizing tough! You still want to sport a scarf, but those chunky and warm knits just will not do. This is where scarfettes and scarflettes come in handy. This small, light, and often lacy free knitting patterns let you add a scarf to any look without adding too much warmth.
This gorgeous and glowing yellow crochet pattern is especially charming, because it is inspired by vintage scarfs and fashion. Rather than adding something chunky and trendy, this scarf knitting pattern adds a 50s twist to your look. You don’t have to go to the soda shop to dress like Sandra Dee. You just need to know how to knit!
MORE FREE SCARF KNITTING PATTERNS
Find even more ways to knit a scarf in our collection of knit scarf patterns, 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns. This collection of free knitting pattern contains knit scarf patterns and ideas for your whole family.
Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m) (#0012 Yellow(ish): 1 ball)
One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles
Stitch holder (optional)
- In Garter stitch, 24 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
- In Lace Pattern, 23 sts and 21 rows = 4"/10cm
- Gauge is not critical for this project.
- Garter Stitch: Knit every row.
- Lace Pattern (multiple of 8 sts + 5)
- Rows 1, 3, and 5 (RS): K3, *yo, k2, p3tog, k2, yo, k1; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Rows 2, 4, and 6: Purl.
- Rows 7, 9, and 11: K2, p2tog, *k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, p3tog; rep from * to last st, yo, k1.
- Row 8, 10, and 12: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-12 for Lace Pattern.
SPECIAL TECHNIQUE: 3-Needle BO (optional) (joining 2 pieces together as you bind off): Place the stitches of the pieces to be joined on separate needles (or each end of a circular needle), held one behind the other in left hand, with right sides facing each other; with a third needle (the same size or 1 size larger than used for knitting the pieces), [k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle)] twice, *pass first stitch on right-hand needle over last stitch in the usual manner, k2tog (1 stitch from the front needle together with 1 stitch from the back needle); repeat from * until all stitches have been bound off.
NOTE: Ascot is worked in two identical halves which are then sewn together at the bound-off ends. If you prefer, you may transfer the stitches for the first half to a stitch holder, work the second half, then work 3-Needle BO to join the ends.
ASCOT: First and Second Half (both alike)
- CO 29 sts.
- Work in Lace Pattern until 4 vertical repeats of pattern (48 rows) have been completed.
- Dec Row (RS): K1, *K2tog; rep from * to end—15 sts.
- Next Row: Work in Garter st for 7 1/4" from end of Lace Pattern.
- BO all sts, or transfer sts to st holder (optional) if you prefer to work 3-Needle BO.
- Sew Halves together at BO ends, or use 3-Needle BO to join Halves if you transferred sts to st holder.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Knit Scarf Pattern
- Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
- 21 Free Knit Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
- Autumn Garter Stitch Entrelac Scarf
- Slouchy Cowl
- Vanilla Meringue Cowl
- Beginner Montgomery Scarf
- Best Yarn for Scarves
- Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
- Chain Stitch Scarf Knitting Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Farmhouse Thanksgiving
- Paper Bag Turkey Dinner
- How to Make 7 Watercolor Backgrounds
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home