We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep your head warm and stylish with this garter rib hat with stripes around the crown. Use this easy hat knitting pattern to create a beanie for yourself this winter or gifts at the holiday. For more knitting inspiration, visit Red Heart Yarn.
Size: Directions are for Small; changes for Medium are in
parentheses. Head Circumference: 18 (21)”
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Eco-Ways™”: 1 ball each 3360 Mushroom A and 1615 Lichen B
- Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8]
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 16 sts = 4”; 32 rounds = 4” in Garter Rib. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
With B, cast on 72 (84) sts.
Row 1 (WS): With B, *k3, p3; repeat from * across.
Row 2: With A, *p3, k3; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for Garter Rib and working stripe pattern as follows:
Row 3: Work in Garter Rib with A.
Rows 4-5: Work in Garter Rib with B
Rows 6-7: Work in Garter Rib with A
Rows 8-9: Work in Garter Rib with B. Cut B.
Continue as established with A only until piece measures 7 (71/2)”, end with a WS row.
Row 1: *K1, ssk, p1, p2tog; repeat from * across – 48 (56) sts.
Rows 2, 4 and 6: *P2, k2; repeat from * across.
Rows 3, 5 and 7: *K2, p2; repeat from * across.
Row 8: *Ssk, p2tog; repeat from * across – 24 (28) sts.
Rows 9 and 11: *P1, k1; repeat from * across.
Row 10: *K1, p1; repeat from * across.
Row 12: *P2tog, k2tog; repeat from * across – 12 (14) sts.
Cut yarn leaving a long tail. Thread tail through sts and pull tight. Knot to secure.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 25 Recycled Crafts for Easter
- 30 Easter Egg Craft Ideas
- Pom Pom Cupcakes
- 18 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Styrofoam Easter Eggs
- St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Bottle Toppers
- Easy Sew Pencil Pouch Tutorial
- Pajama Friendly Argyle Throw
- Diagonal Squares Knit Throw
- Two Sides Knit Dishcloth