Party Hat Tutorial
For a child's birthday party, these hats will be a huge hit. They're easy to make with the Party Hat Tutorial. Learn how to make a hat with this easy craft idea from Cecilia Jorcin.
- Cut the hat in the cardboard from the pattern.
- Put double-sided tape on one side.
- Overlap the sides. If you are using a thicker cardboard avoid the double-sided tape and just staple it a few times.
- Cut 14 inches of elastic thread. Make a know on each end.
- Place into the hat on the sides and staple it.
- Take 6 rectangles of 19 x 3.5 inches of tissue paper. You can choose more than 1 color here.
- Place all the rectangles together, align the edges and fold in half.
- Cut the tissue paper into stripes up to 3 mm before the fold.
- Unfold and place over the bottom edge of the hat. Staple hat and tissue paper together all around the edge.
- Cut 4 rectangles of 6 x 4 inches of tissue paper. Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Fold in half again and again until you have something like this:
- Put some glue around the base of the pom-pom and place it into the hole at the top of the hat. Let it dry.