Wicked Knit Mittens
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knitting mittens is a great way to spend a cold and rainy afternoon. These Wicked Knit Mittens, for example, are fun to make and show off! Combine whatever two colors you like, although the neon pinks and greens look great together...and those little hearts on the top of the mitten are precious!
- Artesano Superwash Merino 50gms 2083 (Fuchsia) , 1 bal l 50gms 6315 (Lime), 1 ball
- Set of 3.75mm double pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Left Mitten Pattern
- Right Mitten Pattern
- Thumb Pattern
SIZE: 21.5cm (8.5in) Hand Circumference
TENSION: 26 sts and 26 rows to 10cm (4in) over chart pattern.
ABBREVIATIONS: M1 = Make 1 by picking up strand before next st and knitting into back of it.
Graph for Patterns:
LEFT MITTEN (Cuff):
- Using Lime, cast on 44 sts and join to work in the round. Place marker for beg of rnd.
- Work in K2, P2 rib for 5 rnds.
- Cont in rib, work 3 rnds in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 1 rnd in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 3 rnds in Fuchsia, and 3 rnds in Lime.
- Continue with Lime and knit 1 rnd (Rnd 1 of Chart).
- Note: Chart is worked in St st (knit every rnd).
Begin Thumb Gusset:
- Next rnd: Work Rnd 2 of chart, increasing for thumb gusset as noted in chart. (46 sts)
- Continue in chart until Rnd 11 has been completed. (54 sts)
Separate Thumb from Hand:
- On Rnd 12, patt to bordered thumb gusset sts and slip these 11 sts on to waste yarn. Cast on 11 sts over gap, al ternating 1 st Lime and 1 st Fuchsia.
- Work from chart until Rnd 50 has been completed. (10 sts rem)
- Break off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Place 11 sts from waste yarn on to needle, pick up 1 st from between these and cast on sts, pick up 11 sts from cast on edge, pick up 1 st from between cast on and front of thumb. (24 sts)
- Work through Rnd 19 of Thumb Chart, decreasing as per chart to 8 sts. B reak off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Work Right Mitten like the Left, following chart for the right.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Helix Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Wicked Knit Mittens
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Trees All Around Mug Cozy
- Joyful Stockings Basket
- DIY Coat Rack
- Wilton Gray Men Scarf
- Knitted Christmas Tree Banner
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- How To Add Extra Pockets To Any Tote Bag
- Clay Sunflower
- Christmas Sweets Photo Booth Props
- 14 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Glitter Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home