Wicked Knit Mittens
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knitting mittens is a great way to spend a cold and rainy afternoon. These Wicked Knit Mittens, for example, are fun to make and show off! Combine whatever two colors you like, although the neon pinks and greens look great together...and those little hearts on the top of the mitten are precious!
- Artesano Superwash Merino 50gms 2083 (Fuchsia) , 1 bal l 50gms 6315 (Lime), 1 ball
- Set of 3.75mm double pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Left Mitten Pattern
- Right Mitten Pattern
- Thumb Pattern
SIZE: 21.5cm (8.5in) Hand Circumference
TENSION: 26 sts and 26 rows to 10cm (4in) over chart pattern.
ABBREVIATIONS: M1 = Make 1 by picking up strand before next st and knitting into back of it.
Graph for Patterns:
LEFT MITTEN (Cuff):
- Using Lime, cast on 44 sts and join to work in the round. Place marker for beg of rnd.
- Work in K2, P2 rib for 5 rnds.
- Cont in rib, work 3 rnds in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 1 rnd in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 3 rnds in Fuchsia, and 3 rnds in Lime.
- Continue with Lime and knit 1 rnd (Rnd 1 of Chart).
- Note: Chart is worked in St st (knit every rnd).
Begin Thumb Gusset:
- Next rnd: Work Rnd 2 of chart, increasing for thumb gusset as noted in chart. (46 sts)
- Continue in chart until Rnd 11 has been completed. (54 sts)
Separate Thumb from Hand:
- On Rnd 12, patt to bordered thumb gusset sts and slip these 11 sts on to waste yarn. Cast on 11 sts over gap, al ternating 1 st Lime and 1 st Fuchsia.
- Work from chart until Rnd 50 has been completed. (10 sts rem)
- Break off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Place 11 sts from waste yarn on to needle, pick up 1 st from between these and cast on sts, pick up 11 sts from cast on edge, pick up 1 st from between cast on and front of thumb. (24 sts)
- Work through Rnd 19 of Thumb Chart, decreasing as per chart to 8 sts. B reak off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Work Right Mitten like the Left, following chart for the right.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you're looking for a cute knitted accessory to stave off the chill in your office, retirement, church, etc., this shoulder shawl… Continue reading: "Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern"
- 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Simple Wrist Warmers
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Easy Wrist Warmers
- Helix Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Twinkle Twinkle Litttle Santa Star
- Arctic Gem Beanie
- Sloth Coffee Cozy
- Polar Puff Messy Bun Hat
- Super Quick Chunky Cowl
- Randy the Reindeer Cactus
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket
- Twisted Shells Ear Warmer
- Once in a Blue Moon Triangle Scarf/Shawl
- The Ava Cowl
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home