Wicked Knit Mittens
By: Rita Taylor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knitting mittens is a great way to spend a cold and rainy afternoon. These Wicked Knit Mittens, for example, are fun to make and show off! Combine whatever two colors you like, although the neon pinks and greens look great together...and those little hearts on the top of the mitten are precious!
- Artesano Superwash Merino 50gms 2083 (Fuchsia) , 1 bal l 50gms 6315 (Lime), 1 ball
- Set of 3.75mm double pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Left Mitten Pattern
- Right Mitten Pattern
- Thumb Pattern
SIZE: 21.5cm (8.5in) Hand Circumference
TENSION: 26 sts and 26 rows to 10cm (4in) over chart pattern.
ABBREVIATIONS: M1 = Make 1 by picking up strand before next st and knitting into back of it.
Graph for Patterns:
LEFT MITTEN (Cuff):
- Using Lime, cast on 44 sts and join to work in the round. Place marker for beg of rnd.
- Work in K2, P2 rib for 5 rnds.
- Cont in rib, work 3 rnds in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 1 rnd in Fuchsia, 2 rnds in Lime, 3 rnds in Fuchsia, and 3 rnds in Lime.
- Continue with Lime and knit 1 rnd (Rnd 1 of Chart).
- Note: Chart is worked in St st (knit every rnd).
Begin Thumb Gusset:
- Next rnd: Work Rnd 2 of chart, increasing for thumb gusset as noted in chart. (46 sts)
- Continue in chart until Rnd 11 has been completed. (54 sts)
Separate Thumb from Hand:
- On Rnd 12, patt to bordered thumb gusset sts and slip these 11 sts on to waste yarn. Cast on 11 sts over gap, al ternating 1 st Lime and 1 st Fuchsia.
- Work from chart until Rnd 50 has been completed. (10 sts rem)
- Break off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Place 11 sts from waste yarn on to needle, pick up 1 st from between these and cast on sts, pick up 11 sts from cast on edge, pick up 1 st from between cast on and front of thumb. (24 sts)
- Work through Rnd 19 of Thumb Chart, decreasing as per chart to 8 sts. B reak off yarns, thread through sts, draw up and fasten off.
- Work Right Mitten like the Left, following chart for the right.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Roman Holiday Fingerless Mittens
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
- Cozy Chunky Fingerless Gloves
- Wicked Knit Mittens
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow