Soda Can Butterfly Pin
Here are some genius Sizzix ideas from Eileen Hull to use with an old soda can. You've got to love soda can crafts because they're both thrifty and eco-friendly!
**Note: If you have bought this Butterfly die and it looks different than the one used in the video- you got one of the limited editions! There are two versions of this design but both work great to make the same project. New video coming soon to show the how-to. Thanks for your interest in my Sizzix dies!**
You can find many more ways to use pop cans in our article, 18 Crafty Uses for Pop Cans.
- Soda can
- Butterfly Die
- Latex Gloves
- Alcohol ink
- Foam applicator
- Glye dot strip
- Pin back
- Cut soda (or beer) can top and bottom off, then cut down the middle of remaining piece.
- Place opened can on die and run through die cut machine using Butterfly die.
- Run butterfly shapes through a Textured Impression folder.
- Lay die cut butterflies on non-stick craft mat and put on latex gloves- this gets messy! Ink foam applicator with three colors of alcohol ink, and sponge on, blending and covering until you have desired look.
- Bend wings up in middle. Add glue dot strip down the middle of the bottom butterfly and add top piece.
- Use glue dot strip to adhere pinback and you are done! Place in a pretty box or on a card.
Learn how to make a Soda Can Butterfly:
Read NextGold DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase