Thanks a Latte! Teacher Gift
Treat your favorite teacher to a cup of joe with this Thanks a Latte! Teacher Gift idea. Great for teachers of all grade levels, this super sweet gift is sure to be a much-appreciated gesture! You can do a similar project with a tea cup and tea bags if your teacher prefers that...and this is one gift that can be used for Teacher Appreciation as well as the holidays. Save the apples for your doctors...this gift is one that's sure to earn you a little extra credit!
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Fabric Adhesive
- Sewing pins
- Felt sheets – turquoise, pink, red, orange, lime green, green
- Checkered fabric – 18” x 6” of desired color
- Buttons – ½” – (3) small white, (3) small red
- Pinking shears
- Medium rickrack – red – 1 yard
- Hook-and-loop tape – 1”
- Cut pattern pieces from pattern sheet. Pin patterns onto felt as indicated then use scissors to cut out. Pin sleeve pattern onto fabric then cut out. Use pinking shears to trim about ¼” from long sides.
- Apply a thin bead of Fabric Fusion along one long edge of turquoise felt. Press rickrack into place, allowing one edge of rickrack to extend past edge of felt. Repeat on opposite long edge. Let dry.
- Flip turquoise felt piece over so side with rickrack is facing downward. Using Fabric Fusion, glue the following pieces in place on felt piece in the following order: checked fabric, apples, leaves and white buttons.
- Glue red buttons in a vertical row on the top of one short edge of closure end.
- To create closure, cut hook-and-loop tape in half, pull apart then glue at opposite sections at each end. Let dry.
Read Next76 Easy Craft Projects for Adults
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.