31 Clay Pot Crafts
These terra cotta pot crafts are wonderful for kids and adults alike.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Clay garden pots make great decorations for indoors and out. With these 31 clay pot crafts, you're sure to find something to suit your style! From animals and critters to holiday clay pot designs, these terra cotta pot crafts are easy and fun to make!
So head on over to your local hardware store and stock up on some terra cotta pots. With clay pot crafts like these, you'll have gifts, centerpieces, and storage solutions that everyone is sure to love and enjoy!
Don’t forget to sign up for the FaveCrafts newsletter, Quick and Crafty, for daily crafts and tips delivered straight to your inbox.
BONUS! Take your clay put crafts to the extreme and make a fairy garden with this video tutorial.
Table of Contents
For more clay pot crafts to make your garden more fun, check this collection out: 33 Flower Pot Crafts! With these projects, you will never be bored and your garden will never be boring. Get the collection:
Clay Pot Animals
Our collection of animal clay pot designs is great for adding some character to your garden! This Terra Cotta Garden Turtle, made with the clay saucers that come with various terra cotta pots, is a great garden craft! You can place terra cotta planters on his back or use him to hold drinks when you're sitting out in the back yard. These cute animal clay pot crafts also make great gifts for someone moving into their first house or a neighbor who is building a garden for the first time. Decorate your home indoors and out with these cute clay pot craft ideas!
These animal clay pot designs are so cute sitting in a garden or a windowsill. You can make these clay pot crafts with ease and decorate them however you'd like! We've also included some other critters and characters in this list, like clowns and angels, so there's something for all!
- Terra Cotta Garden TurtleTerra cotta planters often come with those round saucers to catch water. If you have a variety of saucers sitting around, you could make this cute Terra Cotta Garden Turtle. Flower pot crafts like this look great outside as a garden accent, or you could use him inside as a doorstop or decorative figure on the mantel.
- Dog Glove PetThese adorable dalmatian puppies are made with an old glove and a cheap clay pot. This is one group of puppies that you won't have to clean up after, feed, or walk! This cute puppy centerpiece would be great to help decorate your dog's birthday party!
- Cute Clay Pot Love FairySend your sweetie hugs and kisses with this Cute Clay Pot Love Fairy. This terra cotta pot craft is perfect for Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day, or any time you want to show someone how much you care. You could even change the message to "Get Well Soon" and make a Get Well Fairy for someone who is sick.
- Clown Clay PotsIf you're looking for terra cotta pots crafts for kids, try these Clown Clay Pots! Kids can decorate the clown made of clay flower pots however they'd like. This would be a fun birthday party craft idea or a fun way to decorate a kid's bedroom or nursery.
- Clay Pot Garden AngelClay pot crafts don't have to use only one pot...you can use several mini pots to create something really fun! This garden angel is made up of several mini clay flower pots and will act as a great guardian of your flowers, herbs, and other plants.
- 4 Barnyard Polymer Clay IdeasAren't these clay pot crafts the cutest? You can make these Clay Pot Farm Animals in the mini size as shown, or in a bigger size to sit in your kitchen or a kid's room. Cheap clay pots like this are also great centerpieces for farm-themed birthday parties!
- A Purple Surfing MonkeyClay pot craft projects, like this Purple Surfing Monkey, are great for kids! You could give this surfing monkey as a gift, or assemble the pots and have the kids decorate the monkeys themselves. Either way, clay pot craft projects are perfect for bringing out the creativity in everyone!
- Clay Pot CrittersThese Clay Pot Critters are perfect for livening up your garden! You can make a bee, butterfly, frog, ladybug, or all four! These terra cotta pots also make great housewarming gifts when combined with a plant.
Decorative Terra Cotta Pots for Indoors and Out
If you are looking for home decor that's has a more country feel, check out our collection of decorative terra cotta pots. These clay pot craft projects are simple, yet decorative and, in in the case of these Painted Pots for the Kitchen, can also be effective storage! These clay flower pots can be painted to suit the color scheme of your kitchen and you can use them to hold kitchen utensils or measuring cups. Make your home decor functional with these fun and crafty flower pot crafts.
Clay pot crafts are great for adding a country feel to your interior decor scheme. From centerpieces to storage solutions, terra cotta flower pots can go a long way! Terra cotta or clay pot painting is insanely easy and they are so versatile. They also make great hostess gifts and housewarming gifts for friends and new neighbors.
- Your Kids are in BloomLooking for something unique and special for Mother's Day? Well if mom loves gardening and crafts with flower pots, she's sure to love these Kids in Bloom pots! Mom can proudly display her buds of joy at work or on her home desk with cute clay pot crafts like this!
- Vintage Paper Flower PotInstead of painting craft pots, you can decoupage them! This Vintage Paper Flower Pot makes a great personalized gift, since you can decorate it with things that mean the most to the person you're giving it to. If your mom loves music, cover it with sheet music and fill it with her favorite flower for a Mother's Day gift or birthday gift she's sure to love!
- Painted Pots for the KitchenIf you're looking for fun kitchen decor, clay pot crafts are perfect! Not only will they add color and zest to your kitchen, but they're great for storing utensils and other kitchen supplies right on the counter. These Painted terra cotta clay pots can help you decorate and stay organized.
- Painted Hippy Clay PotPeace. Love. Plant. This Painted Hippy Clay Pot is great for kids and young teens. Fill it with fun gifts, accessories, food, or even seed packets to help kids start planting their own herbs and flowers! Large clay pots like this are great for kids going away to college or moving into an apartment for the first time.
- Ivy Leaf Mosaic Hanging PotTurn drab cheap clay pots into beautiful works of art with this Ivy Leaf Mosaic Hanging Pot. Garden clay pots like this can be used indoors, but they're better outside...where you can show off your beautiful work! This planter can easily hang or sit on a level surface.
- Clay Saucer and Jute Bird FeederClay pot crafts are great because they can be decorative and functional. This Clay Saucer Bird Feeder is a great way to use clay saucers you have no use for anymore. This terra cotta pot craft also makes a great gift for someone who loves gardening and nature.
- Clay Pot Spring BirdhouseKnow someone moving into their first home? Why not gather some clay garden pots and make a beautiful homemade gift for them, like this Spring Birdhouse. This house is a great craft for springtime and it would look so cute sitting in a bay window or on a kitchen table.
- Beeeautiful Bee DecorationThis festive spring craft is simply the bees knees! Crafts with clay pots are perfect for bringing spring and summer into your home. This Bee-eautiful Bee Decoration, for example, is great for spring or summer and makes a great gift for the "honey" in your life!
- Chalkboard Style Terra Cotta PlanterGreat for kids and adults alike, this Chalkboard Style Terra Cotta Planter is a great craft for the summertime! Simply paint a terra cotta planter with black paint and let your little ones create their very own flower pot!
- Wallpaper Decoupage Flower PotsThese Wallpaper Decoupage Flower Pots are a fun and easy way to jazz up your home or garden. Depending on what type of wallpaper you use for these clay pot crafts, you can get a modern or vintage look.
- Neat and Natural Flower PotIf you like to fill your garden with vibrant blooms, this Neat and Natural Flower Pot is the craft for you. This tutorial on how to decorate a flower pot sticks to subtle colors so that the pot does not distract from the flowers inside it.
- Fancy Flower Pot TrimThis Fancy Flower Pot Trim is a quick and easy way to dress up your planters. With a ribbon, some pompom trim, and a six-step tutorial, you can turn a plain pot into a precious one.
- Wonderfully Springlike Terra Cotta PotsBrighten up your home or garden with these lovely clay pots that embody springtime perfectly. Some paint and pots could cheer anyone up.
- Chalkboard Herb PotsChalkboard paint can go a long way with garden crafts, especially with terra cotta pots. You can place these colorful herb pots indoors or outdoors in your garden.
- Dipped in Gold PlanterMidas' touch has graced this gorgeous clay planter and makes it a beautiful accent piece in a garden or yard. Give your garden a golden spark this spring.
Clay Pot Crafts for Christmas
You can make beautiful clay pot crafts for Christmas! Find a clay pot snowman craft and other clay pot ideas for the holiday season below.
- Painted Christmas Tree PotWhen it comes to clay pots crafts, you can do some extraordinary things. This Painted Christmas Tree Pot is one example! Clay pot craft ideas like this are great to have on your mantel or to display on your Christmas buffet table...just make sure each pot is secure so it doesn't topple over.
- Clay Pot SnowmanClay pot Christmas crafts, like this clay pot snowman, are perfect to have up all winter long. This cute snowman also makes a great gift! Fill the terra cotta pot with little treats for an extra surprise!
- Bird's Nest Clay Pot Christmas OrnamentsThis sweet terra cotta pot craft is just as cute on a tree as it is on a gift package. Clay flower pot crafts like this can be done in any shaped pot, but the mini ones work best for ornaments and gift tags.
More Clay Pot Craft Ideas for Holiday Decor
Clay pot Christmas crafts are great for the holiday season! The sturdy terra cotta makes these easy decoration items for indoors and out! We also have Halloween clay pot crafts, as well as ideas for Easter and The 4th of July! When it comes to terra cotta pot crafts, we have ideas for every season and holiday!
When it comes to the spring and summer holidays, there's no better way to decorate than to use terra cotta pots. Check out our clay pot craft ideas for holiday decor to get some great inspiration to help you decorate for Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and even the Fourth of July! These July 4th Candleholders, for example, are perfect for outdoor BBQ's and parties. Not only are they festive for July 4th and Memorial Day, you can also use them as weights to help you hold down your outdoor tableclothes or blankets. Whatever the season or reason, these holiday inspired clay flower pots will help you set the mood for a fun and joyous celebration!
- Heart Shaped TopiaryCrafts made with clay pots are great for Valentine's Day because your Valentine can then reuse any clay pots for plants in the spring! This beautiful Heart Shaped Topiary is a great way to show someone you care. Flower pot crafts like this are also perfect to send to moms, mother-in-laws, sisters, and friends.
- Colorful Clay Pot Easter BasketClay pot crafts for your garden should be colorful, pretty and, most of all, fun to make. Create your own Clay Pot Easter Basket from Heidi Borchers and leave it in your garden once the holiday is over. The understated look will add a hint of fun to your outdoor space.
- July 4th CandleholdersCelebrate independence and show off your creativity with these awesome July 4th Candleholders! With a variety of terra cotta pots of all shapes and sizes, you can create a stunning candle display that looks like rockets and fireworks! These clay pot craft projects are also great for holding down your linen table cloth at your July 4th or Memorial Day picnic.
- July 4th Clay Pot BellRing the bell of freedom with this July 4th clay pot bell. Clay pots crafts are great for spring and summer because you can often find clay garden pots on sale at various stores. Decorate this bell however you'd like and use it to ring in the new year, announce dinner, or just celebrate being free!
- Purple and Green SpiderHere's one spider you won't want to squish with a book! Clay pot crafts for kids, like this Purple and Green spider, are great to help kids pass the time during school breaks or weekends. Fill this spider with candy or other goodies to trick or treat everyone who comes to visit you this Halloween!
- Bat Wind ChimeThis Bat Wind Chime is a fun terra cotta pot craft that everyone will enjoy! And just because it's a bat doesn't mean you have to put it away after Halloween!
- Air Freshener Turkey CenterpieceNot only is this Turkey Centerpiece one of the cutest clay pot crafts ever, it's also scented! Display flower pot crafts like this by the front door, on a mantel, or even on your back porch to enjoy the smells of the season.
- Painted Clay Pot Mother's Day CraftThis is a perfect gift and decoration for Mother's Day because it's during spring, and what could be a more beautiful gift for a loving woman? She'll love the thought and sweetness of this clay pot craft.
Got a green thumb and spring fever? Your garden can become a neighborhood sensation and you can transform your yard into a zen haven with your own hands. For more projects to enhance your yard and garden, download this free "Garden Crafts" eBook
What terra cotta pot crafts have you tried?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home