Rosy Paper Flower
These lovely Rosy Paper Flowers are great for decorating and accessorizing. Made using simple white card stock, these paper roses are a great alternative to real flowers when it comes to creating centerpieces or floral arrangements. Layers of paper petals make these flowers come to life, and adding a few sprays of color will completely transform these paper flowers into amazing works of art.
- White cardstock
- 6 leaves punch or die
- Shape scissors
- Two colors sprays
- Distress ink
- Punch three flowers from white cardstock.
- Color three flowers with two colors of sprays on both sides. Rub gently on work surface to blend the colors. Dry completely with heat tool.
Prepare the Flowers
- First flower: make a slit to the center.
- Second flower: cut out one petal with two cuts to the center.
- Third flower: cut two petals out with two cuts to the center.
Assemble Layers of the Rose
- First layer: roll the single cut petal and secure with glue.
- Second layer: roll the two cut petals and secure with glue.
- Third layer: glue the 4 petals flowers together by closing the flower and attaching the two outside petals to each other.
- Fourth layer: glue the 5 petals flowers together by closing the flower and attaching the two outside petals to each other.
- Fifth layer: glue the 6 petals flowers together by closing the flower and attaching the two outside petals to each other.
Assemble the Flower
- Glue the layers together starting from the outside layer (fifth layer).
- Ink the edges of the rose and curl the petals a little.
- Cut a 4” X 4” square from white card stock.
- Spray both sides of the square with two colors sprays. Rub gently on work surface to blend the colors. Dry completely with a heat tool.
- Cut the square into a circle with shape scissors.
- Cut a spiral with shape scissors from the circle starting from the outside going to the center.
- Roll the spiral starting from the outer edge.
- Secure the rolled flower with glue.
- Ink the edges of the flower.
Read NextVintage China Flower Display