Easter Basket Surprise
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Sponge painted eggs and pussy willow handle aren't the only surprise - treat guests to tasty sweets nestled in this centerpiece basket.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 12" x 2" x 2" wreath
- 9" x 1-1/4" disc
- Eggs: 2-1/2" x 1-7/8" (hen), six; 3-1/16" x 2-15/16" (duck), four; 3-13/16" x 2-13/16" (goose), two
- 12" x 4" x 2" block
- Acrylic paints: fuchsia; purple; hydrangea pink; mint green; spring green; sunshine yellow
- 1" foam brush
- Small natural sponge
- Silk flowers and greenery: pansies; assorted small spring blossoms; pussy willow stems, six; green ivy, one bunch
- Artificial yellow chicks, four
- 1-1/4" pink plaid wire-edge ribbon, 4 yd.
- 3" wooden floral picks
- 22-gauge floral wire
- Yellow shredded paper filler
- Jellybeans or candies of your choice
- Craft sticks
- Drywall compound (available at home improvement centers)
- Fine sandpaper
- Paper towels
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Cardboard, 12" square
- Wire cutters
- Jellybeans or candies of your choice
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks or thick white craft glue
- Insert a wooden pick into the wreath and each egg to serve as a temporary handle. Use a craft stick to apply a coat of drywall compound, covering the wreath and eggs. Place wooden handles from eggs into foam block while compound dries. When dry, sand eggs until smooth, wiping with damp paper towel to remove excess dust. Continue to apply drywall compound to eggs and then sand until a smooth surface is achieved. Do not sand wreath to retain its uneven texture.
- Apply two coats of paint to foam shapes as follows, letting dry after each coat: wreath, yellow; one goose egg and four hen eggs, mint green; one goose egg and two hen eggs, pink; four duck eggs, purple.
- Use a damp sponge to sponge paint eggs as follows, letting some of the basecoat color show through: one pink goose egg, one pink hen egg, and four purple duck eggs with fuchsia; remaining eggs with spring green. Let dry.
- Trace outside of wreath onto cardboard and cut out circle. Glue cardboard circle to bottom of wreath to form a basket. Glue a foam disc to bottom of cardboard circle, elevating basket. Glue ribbon to cover edges of disc.
- Shape pussy willow stems into a semicircle, inserting and gluing the ends into top of wreath for a basket handle. Wire ends of stems to wreath for added reinforcement.
- Using photo as a guide, insert and glue a wooden pick in each egg, then eggs to wreath. Position some eggs around top of wreath and others in clusters around front outside edge.
- Tie an 18" length of ribbon to top of pussy willow handle slightly off-center. Spot glue ribbon and trim Vs in ends. Cut 1 yd. of ribbon and form into a 4-loop bow with 3" loops. Wire center of bow to secure and attach to a wooden pick. Insert and glue bow to left side of basket at base of pussy willow handle.
- Using photo as a guide, arrange and glue flowers and ivy around eggs and top of basket handle.
- Cut remaining ribbon into short lengths, forming some into individual loops. Insert ribbons tucked around eggs and flowers as desired. Trim "V's" in any ribbon ends.
- Insert and glue a wooden pick in each chick; glue chicks in and around eggs as desired.
- Line bottom of basket with yellow shredded paper and place candy on top.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Burlap DIY Table Runner
Easter Egg Pom Pom Craft
Braided Easter Eggs with Video Tutorial
Upcycled Sweater Bunny Craft
Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
Silk Tie Easter Eggs
12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults free eBook
Easter Bunny Milk Jug Basket
DIY Easter Bunny Bucket
"Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Saint Wine Charms
- 21 Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Even Moss Stitch Boot Cuff
- Geometric Painting Coloring Page
- Flower Crowned Hummingbird Coloring Page
- Flower Bunny Coloring Page
- Beaded Stone Paper Weights
- Keep Dreaming Adult Coloring Page
- Ballerina Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Star Stitch Neck Warmer
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home