Easy Recycled Fruit and Veggie Bag
Talk about going green! Transform sturdy bags made from recycled materials into storage bags for fruit and vegetables in this tutorial from Jenya of MyEvaForeva. Easy to make and washable, these bags make going green simple.
- Heavy-duty recycled plastic bag, such as a bird seed bag
- Sewing machine
- Wash your bag.
- Cut your rectangular. I cut out two. (Mine were about 8" x 14" and 13" x 24".)
- Turn the very edge of the upper line out facing the right side. (Note: The inside of the bird seed bag will be the oustide of the finished bag.) Fold two sides together and sew them together (wrong sides facing inside).
- Fold your tube so the seam is in the middle.
- Then push the side middle parts to the inside (like in the photo) so they are right near the seam.
- Sew along that edge.
- Turn the bag right side out and shape it to take a form of a cylinder.
Tip: These bags are machine washable.
Read NextGold DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase