Purple Haze Plant Hanger
You might not think that DIY home decor crafts can be made with yarn, but we're here to prove you wrong. A Purple Haze Plant Hanger is a snap to make and required only a single skein of yarn. Brighten your space and bring a taste of the outdoors into your home with this easy-to-make project. Use a plain flower pot from your local garden supply store - this project is perfect for frugal crafters
Boring glass vases are so yesterday. Use yarn and an old flower pot to construct your own hanging planter. This is a fun and unexpected way to brighten up even the drabbest space.
- LION BRAND® IMAGINE® (Art. #515) o #314 Purple Haze 1 hank or color as desired
- Flower pot
- Sewing needle and thread
Skill Level: Beginner
Size: As desired
Instructions for Plant Hanger:
- Unfold hank of yarn.
- Cut a length of yarn twice the height of the pot. The yarn is constructed as a tube. Gently slide your arm through the yarn tube, grasp the yarn, then pull yarn tube back up your arm to double it. This doubled piece will be the pouch for the flower pot. With needle and thread, gather cut edges of pouch and draw tightly together to close and secure with stitches.
- Cut a length of yarn about 26 in. (66 cm) long. Whip stitch piece to top of pouch. Sew ends of this top piece together.
- Cut a length of yarn equal to the circumference of top of pot and set aside.
- Cut remaining yarn into thirds for hangers. Sew one end of each hanger to top of pouch, spacing them evenly around top edge of pouch. Gather top edge trim behind each hanger and stitch in place to reinforce hangers. Knot ends of hangers together.
- Wrap remaining piece of yarn around pouch below top edge trim and stitch in place at hangers. Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
Read NextRustic Turquoise Wood Cross