17 Free Birdhouse Designs
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Decorate your home, indoor and out, with this collection of 17 Free Birdhouse Designs. These birdhouse crafts are fun to make and also make low-cost gifts for any occasion. They're a great craft to do with kids or on your own to add a beautiful decoration to your yard. Whether it's a rainy day or a bright, sunny day for crafting outside, you can make birdhouses. There is something so quaint and lovely about making birdhouses! You will find free birdhouse designs for fall, summer and winter in this collection.
Table of Contents
- Easy Painted BirdhousesUse your favorite color scheme to paint a birdhouse in bright and bold colors. Use this easy painting project for gifts or decorating your own home.
- Plastic Bottle BirdfeederInstead of sending more plastic to the landfill, turn a plastic bottle into a fun and functional birdfeeder crafted like a birdhouse. This is a great green craft for using the occasional plastic bottle.
- Checks and Stripes Painting TechniqueFollow this painting technique to create a whimsical design on an inexpensive wood birdhouse. Use your preferred color scheme and use indoors or outdoors with Krylon Indoor/Outdoor paint.
- Clay Saucer and Jute Bird FeederMake an inexpensive bird feeder or bird bath with a clay pot saucer, jute rope and a grapevine wreath.
- Air Brush BirdhouseThis easy birdhouse is airbrushed with color, so it's easy to add stencils and fun designs to this decorative bird house.
- Junk Store BirdhouseThis Junk Store Birdhouse is cheap garden decor you'll be proud to show off! This handmade birdhouse is made with various odds and ends, giving it a unique look and a whimsical feel.
Floral Birdhouse Crafts
- Floral Birdhouse Home DecorThis pretty birdhouse features floral image templates. You can use patterned papers to cover the roof and coordinate with your painted design.
- Home for the BirdsCreate a cute home for the birds or make a birdhouse home accent with this easy painting project. Use coordinating scrapbook papers to cover the sides and roof of your painted birdhouse.
- Spring Bloom BirdhouseBrighten up your home with this beautiful spring bloom birdhouse. Adorned with lovely pink flowers, this decorative craft is a great way to add some springtime color to your home.
- Autumn BirdhouseThis painting project creates a beautiful autumn birdhouse for indoor or outdoor home décor. Words spell out “Have a Happy Fall y’All.” A die-cut autumn leaf creates the central image on the birdhouse. Coordinating scrapbook papers cover sides and roof of birdhouse.
- Clay Pot Spring BirdhouseCreate your own birdhouse from scratch with a clay pot and foam sheets. This cute little birdhouse hides an air freshener. Covered with garden print fabric and floral ribbon, you can use this birdhouse for spring decorating or any time.
- Martha Stewart Bird HousesThis collection of bird houses inspired by crafting sensation Martha Stewart are great for the summer. They're perfect for indoors and out and all the birds will love coming home to these colorful houses!
- Beautiful Blue Birdhouse DisplayBring the look of spring indoors with this Beautiful Blue Birdhouse Display. Instead of making one birdhouse, you can create three small birdhouses and attach them with a chain.
- Easter Egg BirdhousePaint colorful Easter eggs and flowers onto a pre-assembled birdhouse for a cute Easter decorating idea. A pattern helps you to create this painted birdhouse easily.
- Gingerbread BirdhouseDecorate for the holidays with this unique birdhouse featuring snow texture and a red and green color scheme. Give birds a home for the holidays.
- Trick or Tweet BirdhouseA wood birdhouse becomes a whimsical Halloween decoration with a bit of paint. This is great for an outdoor Halloween gesture. Acrylics and twinkles make this craft shine.
- For All Seasons BirdhouseIt doesn't matter when you create a For All Seasons Birdhouse. Start working on this project in the winter and display it in the spring or hang it up in your home before the holidays.
Craft Tips & Ideas for Outdoor Use:
If you are going to hang your house outside make sure you use an acrylic paint that is weather resistant.
Water based glues will not hold well outdoors. Use a glue gun or glue like E-6000.
Keep in mind birds like to pick and pull at things so keep your embellishments to a minimum.
I placed my house near the front door. Big mistake! The birds went crazy with the seeds and made a mess. I suggest placing your feeder as far away from your house asossible so you can enjoy them from afar!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Magical Summer Motifs Coloring Page
- Garden World Adult Coloring Page
- Patriotic Celebration Adult Coloring Page
- Ask and It Will Be Given Adult Coloring Page
- Wedding Cake Adult Coloring Page
- Fishers of Men Adult Coloring Page
- Daisy Pom Pom Rug DIY
- Sewn Crochet Hook Organizer Pattern
- Free Printable To Do List
- Simple Stars
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home