Gemstone Ripple Throw
Brighten up your living room or bedroom with this stunning Gemstone Ripple Throw. This simple ripple afghan works up quickly and is a great addition to an apartment or dorm room. Made with a multi-colored yarn, this afghan is a colorful treat for anyone.
- 13 skeins Red Heart Classic Yarn in Gemstone
- 3 skeins Red Heart Classic Yarn in Lavender
- 5.0 mm (US H-8) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Gauge: 6 rows – 5”; 6 dcs – 2”
Throw Measures: 51” x 66”
- Row 1: With gemstone ch 156, dc in 3rd ch from hook, *dc in each of next 6 chs, 3 dcs in next ch, dc in each of next 6 chs**, (dc dec in next 2 chs) twice, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, dc dec in last 2 chs, turn.
Rows 2-5: Ch 3, dc in next dc, *dc in each of next 6 dcs, 3 dcs in next dc, dc in each of next 6 dcs**, (dc dec in next 2 dcs) twice, repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, dc dec in last 2 dcs, turn.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2, fasten off and turn.
Row 7: Working in back loop only, join lavender with a slip stitch in first stitch, ch 2, dc in next dc, continue with Row 2.
- Row 8: Repeat Row 2 and fasten off.
Note: When changing colors work that row in back loop only.
Repeat Row 2 for a total of 78 rows as follows: (6 rows gemstone, 2 rows lavender) 9 times, 6 rows gemstone
Work along side edge with gemstone (sc, ch 1, sc) in each dc and fasten off.
- Work along opposite side edge (sc, ch 1, sc) in each dc and fasten off.
Read NextBlue and White Crochet Afghan