Rainbow Ripple Afghan
This is one of the prettiest free crochet afghan patterns you'll find! This Rainbow Ripple Afghan by Roseanna Beck uses various colors Red Heart Yarn to create a truly beautiful afghan that you are sure to enjoy for years to come.
- 325 yds. White (W) Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 150 yds. each Light Lavender (L), Petal Pink (P), Pale Green (G), Light Blue (B) Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- H crochet hook or size needed for gauge
GAUGE: 6 dcs = 2”
4 rows = 3 ¼”
SIZE: 39” x 40”
Note: Work all rows in back loop.
- Row 1 – With white ch 124, dc in 4th ch from hook , dc in each of next 4 ch, *3 dc in next ch, dc in each of next 6 ch, *skip 2 ch, Shell in next ch, skip 2 ch, dc in each of next 6 ch, rep from * across, ch 3 and turn.
- Row 2 – Skip 1 dc, dc in each of next 5 dc, 3 dc in next dc, dc in each of next 6 dc, *Shell in Shell, skip 1 dc, dc in each of next 6 dc, 3 dc in next dc, dc in each of next 6 dc, rep from *across, ending Shell in last Shell, dc in next 5 dc, skip 1 dc, dc in last dc, ch 3, fasten off and turn.
- Row 3 – Join lavender with a sl st, ch 2. Continue with Row 2, ending ch 3 and turn.
- Rep Row 2 for a color scheme as follows: (48 rows)
- 2W 2L 2P 2G 2B 4W 2L 2P 2G 2B 4W 2L 2P 2G 2B 4W 2L 2P 2G 2B 2W
With white working along both side edges (sc, ch 3, sc) in each dc across.
Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st) Special Stitch – Shell (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc)
Read NextBe My Sunshine Afghan