25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get in the mood for fall with these 25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women. Filled with cardigans, turtlenecks, and classic sweater patterns, these easy knit sweater patterns are great to make for the cooler autumn and winter months.
With this collection of classic easy knit sweater patterns, you can make off the shoulder sweaters, v neck sweaters, and classic standbys that will last you for years to come.
If you're looking for something more cozy and comfy, check out our colleciton of solid and patterned knit turtleneck sweater patterns. Oversized sweaters like these are perfect for wearing in winter...even better when you include a good book and a nice hot cup of cocoa!
If you're a beginner to knitting, you can find lots of fun afghans and sweaters in our collection of 27 Knit Stripe Patterns.
Finally, these free knitted cardigan patterns are great for year round wear. From light and lacy cardigans to heavy hooded jackets, these knitted sweater patterns are great for layering and grabbing on the go for a quick run to the grocery store.
25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women Table of Contents
If you want a cute accessory to go along with your new sweater, these 53 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns are perfect for all kinds of knitters, people, and genders.
These classic easy knit sweater patterns are great to make for yourself or as a gift. You can easily customize and change these patterns to make the sweater the color of your choice.
- Casual Pullover: This long rib knit sweater is great to wear for any occasion. You could use it to layer an outfit or wear it during an afternoon walk in the park.
- Colorful Striped Sweater: If you're searching for free knitted sweater patterns for women, be sure to check out this v neck striped knit sweater. Made with bright and colorful yarn, this sweater pattern is sure to please anyone!
- Antalia Sweater: Easy knit sweater patterns like this are great for intermediate knitters. This lovely sweater has beautiful butterfly sleeves that everyone is sure to admire.
- Boatneck Sweater: Cold winter nights are perfect for wearing this boatneck nubby knit sweater. It's cozy and warm and just the thing to cuddle up in by the fireplace.
- Comfortable Sweater Jacket: This cable knit buttoned sweater is great if you need free knitted sweater patterns for women. You can make this cozy sweater jacket in all your favorite colors so you always have something on hand to keep you nice and warm!
- Knit Satin Off the Shoulder Sweater: If you want something soft and feminine, this furry knit sweater is just the thing. This comfortable and soft yarn makes this sweater great for evenings out or casual dinner parties.
- Short Sleeve Hooded Sweater: Free knitted sweater patterns for women aren't only for winter! This v neck rib knit sweater is great for the spring and autumn, too. Embellish it with fun buttons for a sweater you'll find yourself coming back to again and again.
- Split Neck Sweater: This beginner level sweater is easy and fun to make. It's a great oversized cable knit sweater to have on hand for cold offices, shopping adventures and more.
- NEW! Optional Knit Jacket: This knit jacket from Bernat Yarns is perfect for someone who likes options. You can create it with a collar or with a hood. This is a great free knitting pattern as you can make many and have them still look different.
If you love the comfort of a solid or patterned knit turtleneck sweater, you're going to love these free knitted sweater patterns for women! These sweaters are big and cozy, great for that cold winter frost.
- Mock Snowflake Turtleneck: This snowflake sweater knitting pattern is great for intermediate knitters. This two tone knit sweater is great for the holidays and makes a wonderful stocking stuffer for a loved one.
- Tunic Cable Turtleneck: This lovely scoopneck cable knit sweater is great if you love free knitted sweater patterns. For women, this sweater is a must have. You can wear it for holiday gatherings, office parties, and family get togethers.
- Chunky Knit Turtleneck: Wondering how to wear cable knit sweaters? They look great with jeans or slacks, espcially this oversized cable knit sweater! It's so comfortable and great for all skill levels.
- Cozy Red Pullover: This dotted knit sweater is so fun and colorful! Free knitted sweater patterns for women make great gifts for any reason, and this fun and spotted sweater is no exception!
- Fair Isles Knit Sweater: More advanced knitters will love this Fair Isles sweater pattern. This contrast trim cable knit sweater is perfect for St. Patrick's Day...and great for those who love the look of Irish sweaters.
- Goncho Fleur de Lis Sweater: This slouchy oversized cable knit sweater is perfect for lazy winter weekends. You can make this dotted knit sweater in any color you'd like.
- NEW! Ribbed Tunic with Miltered Squares: Knit tunic sweater with miltered square border - it is elegant and fun for everyday or a special occasion.
Free knitted cardigan patterns are great for ladies! These cable cardigan sweater patterns, lace cable cardigan patterns, and other free knitted cardigan patterns are great tutorials to add to your favorites collection.
- Lacy Knit Cardigan: This lace cable cardigan pattern is great for layering. You could wear it any time of year and no collection of free knitted sweater patterns for women would be complete without a sweater like this!
- Cable Cardigan: Cable cardigan sweater patterns are great to have on hand. This advanced pattern is beautiful and no one will believe that you made it yourself!
- Tea Time Cardigan: Free knitted sweater patterns for women are great to make for all your best girlfriends. This Tea Time Cardigan is elegant and stunning and great for all occasions.
- Zig Zag Cardigan: Free knitted cardigan patterns, like this zig zag pattern, are great for mixing and matching colors. Make one in all your favorite colors and make over your wardrobe in no time.
- Neutral Knit Cardigan: This knit cardigan is great for beginners, especially if you're looking for free knitted sweater patterns for women. This lace cable cardigan pattern can be used to dress up any outfit.
- Long Cardigan Jacket: Free knitted cardigan patterns, like this long cardigan jacket, are great for fall. Grab this sweater before taking your weekend walk and enjoy the beauty of nature as you show off your handmade sweater!
- Comfy Cardigan: Free knitted sweater patterns for women are perfect for adding a little something special to a favorite dress. This Comfy Cardigan is great for that, and with the ease of this pattern, you can make a sweater in all your favorite colors!
- Comfortable Pocket Cardigan: Cable cardigan sweater patterns can be comfy and cozy, and this pocket cardigan is perfect! You can make free knitted cardigan patterns like this with ease...and maybe even have time to make one in another color!
- Cardigan Wrap with Lace Collar: This lovely and elegant cardigan is great for any occasion, and the light lace accent makes it the perfect soft and feminine accent.
If you need a little extra help for beginners, peruse this collection of 27 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns when you are first learning how to knit.
Looking for more knitting patterns? Check out our "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook! Find patterns for afghans, scarves, hats, gloves, and more!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques