Knotted Lace Triangle Shawl
By: Premier Yarns
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're trying to find an easy shawl to knit that has a classic shape with a hint of elegance, this shawl from Premier Yarns is for you. The Knotted Lace Triangle Shawl from Premier Yarns can be made with just one ball of yarn.
Finished Measurements: 30" deep x 60" wide (excluding fringe)
Note: Shawl will relax and stretch approximately 4" in each direction as it is worn.
- Knitting Needles: US 8 (5mm)
- Yarn: Serene by Premier Yarns – 1 ball desired color (90% acrylic/10% polyamide; 656 yards/600 meters; 10½ ounces/300 grams)
Extras: Yarn needle, crochet hook for attaching fringe
16 sts and 23 rows = 4" in Knotted Lace Patt.
Use any size needles necessary to obtain the specified gauge.
beg – beginning
k – knit;
M1 – make a stitch by lifting the strand of yarn between the
stitch on the left needle and the stitch on the right needle and
placing it on the left needle, knit into the back of the stitch
mm – millimeters
p – purl
patt – pattern
p2tog – purl 2 sts together
rep – repeat
sl – slip
st(s) – stitch(es)
tog – together
yo – yarn over
* – repeat instructions after asterisk as specified.
Beg at bottom center point, cast on 5 sts.
Beg Knotted Lace Patt as follows.
Row 1 (RS): P1, * yo, p2tog; rep from * across.
Row 2: Knit.
Row 3: K1, M1, knit across to last st, M1, K1 – 2 sts increased.
Rep Rows 1-3 of Knotted Lace Patt until piece measures
approximately 30" from beg.
Knit 4 rows. Bind off loosely.
Weave in ends.
Cut 13" lengths of yarn. Hold three pieces of yarn tog as a group; fold in half. Insert fold through center point of shawl and use a crochet hook to pull ends through the fold loop. Tighten to form fringe. Place fringe evenly spaced along two side edges. Trim fringe if necessary.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts