Two Piece Knit Poncho Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Two Piece Knit Poncho Pattern is meant to be worn by women of all shapes and sizes. This free knitting pattern is quick and easy to make and looks great in every color. Create this poncho before the weather gets cold and then throw it over any outfit. This is a great option for a nicer event or a lazy day. If you like free poncho knitting patterns or just want to try something new, this is a great pattern to try out. You only need three or four balls of yarn for this poncho, so there's no way you'll break the bank.
- Bernat Harmony (100 g/3.5 oz) 47142 (Ocean Blue)
- Sizes XS/M 3 balls; L/2XL 4 balls; 3XL/5XL 4 balls
- Knitting needles: size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- XS/M 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- L/2XL 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3XL/5XL 52-62 ins [ 132-157.5 cm ]
Finished length between neck edge and point:
- XS/M 20½ ins [52 cm ]
- L/2XL 22½ ins [57 cm ]
- 3XL/5XL 24½ ins [62 cm ]
GAUGE: 15 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
FRONT and BACK (make alike):
Cast on 55 (60-65) sts.
Knit 3 rows.
Next row: (RS). Knit.
Next row: K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 29 (32-34) ins [73.5 (81.5-86.5) cm], ending with WS facing for next row.
Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
FINISHING: Sew cast off edge of one piece to side of other piece as shown in Diagram.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More