Easy Triangle Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This easy knit poncho pattern from Bernat Yarns is a great project for beginners. The triangular shape is stylish and the finish is soft and comfortable.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- Bernat® Soft Bouclé (140 g/5 oz)
- Sizes XS/M (L/2XL-3XL/5XL)
- 2 (2-3) balls
- Knitting Needles: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Optional: 50 ins [127 cm] length of ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon for Drawstring.
To fit bust measurement
- 28 - 38 ins [71 - 96.5 cm]
- 40 - 50" [101.5 - 127"]
- 52 - 62" [132 - 158"]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 17 ins [43 cm]
- L/2-XL 19¾" [50 "]
3-XL/5-XL 22½" [57 "]
GAUGE: 15 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
beg = Beginning.
K = Knit.
rep = Repeat.
RS = Right Side.
st(s) = Stitch(es).
WS = Wrong Side.
Cast on 46 (54-60) sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 51 (53-55) ins [129.5 (135.5-139.5) cm], ending a WS row.
Work 3 rows in garter st.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
To finish, sew cast on edge to side of Poncho (see Diagram).
Ribbon Drawstring: Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge.
Tie into a bow at center as shown in picture.
Optional: Yarn Drawstring: Cut 3 strands of yarn 60 ins [152 cm] long.
Knot one end and braid strands together. Knot other end. Starting at center front, thread Drawstring along neck edge.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knotted Spiral Accent Pillow
- Candy Cane Christmas Scarf Pattern
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats